Finance forum for small business! Discussion on Funding your business, banking, loans, budgeting, tax, payroll, and exchange rates.

Involving family and friends in your business

Is it ideal to involve families and friends in your business especially when you are just starting up? Do you think they will work harder for you to help...

How to avoid scam before making money

Have you ever experienced signing up on many money making sites promising you to earn money and not being paid after sleepless nights of hardwork? ...

Business Ideas for a College Student

I am an entrepreneur at heart. Way back, I would always have these weird ideas in my head during classes on how I could start a business and make money....

Would you borrow money to start up a new business

One common factor that is peculiar to all business in the world today is capital to set it up. Without the capital to set up a new business, the business...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are banks really trustworthy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are banks really trustworthy?

Banks are financial institutions that helps individuals and businesses save money, make investment and acquire loans. There are different types of bank accounts owned by bank customers such as savings, current and fixed deposits accounts.

But what bothers me when it comes operating a savings account in some banks is that instead of getting an interest for saving money on saving accounts, you will end up losing money with all sorts of charges from ATM, VAT, SMS etc.

What's your opinion about this case with most banks?
    Starts
    13-04-2019
    Ends
    13-04-2019

I work in a bank so my opinion is on the side of banks. Of course, you can trust banks because tbey are legal business and operation. Banks earn from the money entrusted to them that they loan to people. The banks also earn from the services like trust accounts and currency exchanges.

Comment

I think bank is one of the safest way to save any monetary value. You are always protected with the banking laws and insurances. Penalty or charges on any bank transaction is a normal practice. It is a bank's way of earning revenue to maintain their services/expenses. Without it no institution will survive. I understand that sometimes we complain nor dislike the rules but we need to abide with it. It's created and formulated for the fairness of both parties ( Client and Bank ). It's like saying invest at your risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
        I work in a bank so my opinion is on the side of banks. Of course, you can trust banks because tbey are legal business and operation. Banks earn from the money entrusted to them that they loan to people. The banks also earn from the services like trust accounts and currency exchanges.
        Banks indeed helps one to save money, get loans to make huge business investments but with the rate of charges they extort from their customers is really worrying. Maybe such charges are not too much overseas but here in my country, almost every customers are pissed off about it but there is absolutely nothing one can do about it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

Type the word TR E NDRI without space