Does shopping online saves more money

Martinsx

In our society today, online shopping is a big trend with lots of online shopping marts available for people to choose from and make their purchase transactions. Amazon is one of most popular online stores but it doesn't mean that there aren't other useful ones.

One time ago, a friend of mine told me that it's more cheap to shop online when compared to going to the market. Personally, I hardy shop online, so therefore I would like to know if it's a true statement that shopping online saves money.

fishbate

I do think shopping online saves money but in terms of conversion. When you shop online, you have the ability to save time and effort. The convenience is also a plus that is why it's a popular alternative for shopping. Come to think of it, saving time specially when you don't have to go through traffic is a form of converting your time for profit. I really don't know how to convert it but i think productivity is always valued because it is always time based.

shopping online saves money but not all the times. you can save money by shopping online before some festivals and occasions because they get a lot of business on festival days so they attract customers so they usually offer discounts. shopping online not always help you.

G

Yes it does. By shopping for groceries online you'll avoid impulse purchases.

R

Rock1987

Online shopping has increased a lot in present times. It has mostly pros as you can save money, shop in the comfort of your home and reduce impulse buying. It also saves the most important thing in life - time.

Melanie3344

I'm sure that shopping online saves money. First of all, you can surf the Internet and find the best offers. Also it is possible to buy from the manufacturer (I bought several pieces of furniture on and was happy with the price). And of course, online shopping protects you from an impulse buy and saves your time.

astraherondale

What I observe is that online sellers typically offer their products at a lower prices compared to those in physical stores. Perhaps it's because maintaining an online shop costs way less than a physical store which requires rent, interior design, electricity, employees, and so on. Competition is also very high since the market is open to virtually anyone, which keeps the prices controlled. Apart from those factors, shopping apps like Lazada and Shopee also frequently give away markdown, cashback and free shipping coupons so customers can really score huge discounts. The only problem with online shopping is that it's too convenient, making it easier to overspend.

Patrik

Yes it does because you have the ability to compare prices easily and choose the lowest possible one unlike offline shopping

Sprite1950

It depends where you shop. I find Amazon quite expensive and I notice that since the pandemic they have really hiked up their prices because they know a lot of people either can't or don't want to go out for fear of catching covid and will pay more extortionate prices. To give you an example I found pet food was being charged at a much higher rate than in the local stores.

Ebay on the other hand kept their prices down and I started to buy more frequently from them during those early months of the pandemic. Now we are mask wearing I just go to discount stores and save money that way.

Nova

I remember the time when I never used the tokens and the coupons. You may see that when you don;'t make use of the offers, you tend to lose a lot of money on the price. So if you can find the offers and savings option. Then go for them. The reason being you never know when you need some of those items and you have no coupons. In such case there are always some of the sites that offer. I remember some of the sites that give daily and in fact hourly offers on some of the products and you may definitely want to check them out.

I do have used various such links from the craighlist and they have worked out for me. I do know that some products may go out of stock. And in such case you have to try another online shop. As long as you have the coupon codes, you can save a lot of money than offline.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Shopping online is a lot cheaper especially if the shipping of the products will be borne by the seller rut even if it wouldn't it is still a lot cheaper. I know the prices of products online are a lot cheaper than the same product offline. I know this because I try to compare the prices or I look up the price online first to have a fair knowledge of how much the product cost first online. There's always a slight change in price. Well, I think the reason is obvious, sellers online pay for rent, lighting, maybe pay staff and other sundry expenses which online sellers have no business with. But fit online buying it is good one insist pay on delivery to avoid any hassle.

cmoneyspinner

There are lots of useful apps you can use for shopping comparison purposes, in order to get the best deals like the Honey browser extension. But the real bargain is when it says Free Shipping.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is a good topic for discussion because most people believe that online shopping saves you money. Shopping online entails expenses like you need to travel to go to the mall and you probably need to dine there. But if you go online shopping then you save money for the travel and for the dining out. Think about it very well. The online store will deliver your order to your home. That will entail delivery expense that you may not see but for sure the online store will add that particular expense to the price of the item that you bought. In other words there are hidden expenses that you do not know because you think what you are paying for is for the price of the item that you bought... which is actually overpriced.