Is betting/gambling considered as a work?

Martinsx

I'm sure that most of us are well aware of online betting and sports gambling. There is also an increased chance of some of us here participating in one betting or gambling with the view of making money from it. Some people actually make a living from being full time gamblers.

So, do you consider betting and gambling as a form of job?

Tehilah27

Personally, i do not consider betting/gambling to be a job because it is too unpredictable and addictive. It could be destructive to one's finance and family life as it consumes your every thought and you are always after the next big win thereby making you sometimes blind to the pitfalls People have lost their life's savings and borrowed money only to lose it gambling. No,, I do not consider it as work.

Martinsx

Personally, i do not consider betting/gambling to be a job because it is too unpredictable and addictive. It could be destructive to one's finance and family life as it consumes your every thought and you are always after the next big win thereby making you sometimes blind to the pitfalls People have lost their life's savings and borrowed money only to lose it gambling. No,, I do not consider it as work.

For the record, there are the lucky ones whom have won millions of money from online gambling and betting games but let's not get carried away because it has equally rendered most people bankrupt.

This is actually the reason why it's always advised to use the money that you can afford to lose in betting in order to be safe from losing all your money.

Henrywrites

I don't think anyone is going to make great gain by taking gambling as a job. As we know, using football as an example, betting on a team to win another can always go either side because there is no definite way to predict that team A must beat team B. So, I will rather see gambling as a waste of money instead of a way that I can improve what I have.

Corzhens

I was born into a family of gamblers so I know that it is wishful thinking to make gambling a livelihood. My father was a race horse trainer and my 3 brothers were jockeys. They were earning from their career but if they will just gamble then I guess the family will die of hunger.

Caguioa747

For me, No. because i think it is just a waste of money and time. you gamble the money that you earned and 90% of the people that i know who is in the gambling industry always loses. i think instead of gambling you should just invest your money. it is proven and tested.

Jelineex

I don't want to rely my life on gambling since there is no assurance of fixed earnings. I felt that its a way of showing laziness and being worthless. Sometimes it's not a safe environment. You will likely to develop and adapt bad traits from the different personality in the community. Conflicts and crime starts in that area. It is always better to have a decent work.

agbuyarashel

I don't see gambling as a job beacause it depends on a person's luck which we can't have all the time. For me, job should be something that creates income regularly to sustain our daily needs abd our family's needs. I also see gambling as a negative activity because I know a lot of families who ended up having financial crisis that resulted a feud.

I'm aware that gambling can be very addictive but we need to be more practical in using our hard earned money. Instead of betting it, why not use it to invest? Don't they want to see their sons and daughters finishing school and have a higher standard of life?

The happiness brought by this type of hobby is temporary but the damage can be permanent.

Corinthianus

For me if you get regular pay monthly from gambling, without losing a lot of money then yes I consider it as work. Also, if you're a professional gambler it's considered work as well due to strict memberships and sports compliances that come with the title--- gambling can be considered a sport too just look at poker players and the multibillion dollar poker business. It's really taken seriously.