Tips on how to prepare for a Job Interview and Exam

neneth

So you’ve got amazing communication skills, a resume chock-full of impressive qualifications and an inside connection at the company you’re applying to work for. These are certainly assets, but there’s one area in the job interview process where these resources won’t help you one bit: the interview exam (or assignment). This portion of the interview is designed purely to test skills that are critical to your ability to fulfill the requirements of the role they’re looking to fill — skills that you’ll most likely have to use every day while on the job.

What this portion entails is highly specific to the industry you’re applying to jobs within — it could be anything from writing code to analyzing a set of data to designing a logo. While it can seem nerve-wracking, if this is truly your field of expertise, there’s nothing you should worry about. Here are a few tips to keep in mind to help you give the job interview exam your best shot. [h=3]Practice Your Skills[/h] [h=3]Make Time[/h] [h=3]Don’t Cheat[/h] [h=3]See What the Pros Have to Say[/h] [h=3]Gauge the Experience of Others[/h]

L

lily2808

Job interviews really makes us very nervous, but we should counter that for us to produce a good answer to the interviewer. And also be formal and dress neat and well but not too much. Always be humble and never be to confident, because some of those companies doesn't hire someone who is too confident, just be humble and always wear your most beautiful smile. AND ALWAYS RESPECT THE INTERVIEWER NO MATTER WHAT THE RESULTS WILL BE.
agree totally, same happened to me

Zeus20

Job interviews really makes us very nervous, but we should counter that for us to produce a good answer to the interviewer. And also be formal and dress neat and well but not too much. Always be humble and never be to confident, because some of those companies doesn't hire someone who is too confident, just be humble and always wear your most beautiful smile. AND ALWAYS RESPECT THE INTERVIEWER NO MATTER WHAT THE RESULTS WILL BE.

S

steelen

Passing your examinations is the gate way to a successful career. If you are having trouble with your thesis paper, get professional proofreading services at affordable prices.

Corinthianus

All the advice on here is great! Here are some of my tips for getting the job I want right away.

1. Read about the company. Know their clients and their mission so you can answer questions easily.
2. Practice in front of a mirror. Google the most asked questions for interviews and get confident in answering them.
3. Mentally prepare yourself for an exam. They usually have these on the spot.
4. Make eye contact, state your skills, ambitions and what you can provide for the company clearly.
5. Lastly, be yourself. If you get in you're gonna be in that company for a while so don't lie or pretend to be another person. It's for your good as well.

jeffreyjose48

I had the experience of interviewing applicants for the vacancy in our department for so many years. The first thing I had noticed is the nervousness that is obvious in the quivering voice. It may be common to others but I think the reason is the lack of confidence.

​​​In that view, increasing the confidence therefore is a must for an applicant to undergo an interview. First is the mastery of your achievement, you have to be well-versed in making clear statements about your education and work experience that would include all the training.

Also be prepared with other personal matters like your hobby and friends and also the family, of course. For the company you are applying, have a knowledge of the business and a bit of history. But most of all, be well informed of the position that you are applying for.

I believe the best thing to do is to prepare your self thoroughly in every aspect of your being. You have to look good physically. Be confident in your heart and mind to answer questions.

GuestHu

Most jobs require interested applicants to go through formal interview and exam to test their skills and ability if they are capable enough to do the required job skills. So to pass their test is you a have to look into the job description and work out the skills involved in the job. Prepare good answers for common interview questions such as "Tell me about yourself". Keep answers relatively short and to the point. Dress up neatly, clean and pressed. Have a better posture to look like a successful candidate. And remember to thank the interviewer/s at the end of the interview.

I know it is easy to say but hard to do when you have low confidence but with practice, you may be able to get the position you applied.

Corzhens

I had the experience of interviewing applicants for the vacancy in our department for so many years. The first thing I had noticed is the nervousness that is obvious in the quivering voice. It may be common to others but I think the reason is the lack of confidence.

​​​In that view, increasing the confidence therefore is a must for an applicant to undergo an interview. First is the mastery of your achievement, you have to be well-versed in making clear statements about your education and work experience that would include all the training.

Also be prepared with other personal matters like your hobby and friends and also the family, of course. For the company you are applying, have a knowledge of the business and a bit of history. But most of all, be well informed of the position that you are applying for.

Kakashi2020

When applying for a job, it is always recommended to do some research first on the company or business. An applicant should also be familiar with the job or position he/she is applying for along with its duties and responsibilities. This can all be done online.

​​Before applying be sure to practice answering I.Q exams including Basic English, Math Problems, Abstract Reasoning and Essay Writing. Because usually upon application, an applicant would be given a test to assess his/her I.Q. level. Again you can search the internet for some tips and online exams to test yourself.

First impressions count. Interviewers will start assessing you as soon as they meet you, so your presentation and attitude are important. To make a good first impression: arrive on time, dress smartly, smile when you meet people, be professional as soon as you enter the building. The receptionist and anyone else you meet might tell the interviewer what they think of you.

Jelineex

Job interview is not as difficult as you may think. Mostly if its oral interview it should be very easy because the interviewer wouldn't ask you question that you may not answers to as long as you know the basic or most common question being ask.

It's not difficult but it does make a person nervous. Because we don't know what to do and were scared of failing. It takes a lot of courage and confidence especially on interviews. However, with our desires to be accepted we are willing to take the best of our ability. It is always better to ease the mind to be able to confidently answer with sincerity.

Jelineex

It would be an advantage to always prepare ourselves when applying a job. Making it sure that we are confident and fit on the job. However, you need to pay attentive with the question and answer it according to your knowledge. Based on my experienced I was tested on practical skills and was asked a simple question. The interviewer wants to know your insights or philosophy towards work. It's the attitude that counts. Plus, never forget to have eye contact with the person you are talking. In this way, he will know your sincerity.

bphlover

For job interviews, I make sure that I research about the position and the company and make sure that I incorporate the info I got on some of the questions asked by the interviewer. This, in a way, gives the impression that you came prepared and you're ready to take on the job. It definitely would help you score the job and leave a lasting impression.

Telax

Job interview is not as difficult as you may think. Mostly if its oral interview it should be very easy because the interviewer wouldn't ask you question that you may not answers to as long as you know the basic or most common question being ask.

Dino

Jobs interview requires preparation, guess answers are not accepted because that can deprive you of getting your dream job. You can surf for some most common job interview questions, for you to have an idea about most common questions.

Hellenwizr

I prepare so that I do not see life outside the window ( I sleep and eat on textbooks. It's good that students can resort to help of essay writing help otherwise, I would definitely have failed a couple of exams. I always had a question about how to do everything, and then I realized that it was not only in the learning process but also in my everyday life, every day!
So as always, we try and do the impossible to achieve success.