How Many Pages Should A Resume Have?

Kakashi2020

Every year I do an update on my resume, I think the longest resume I've made was 7 pages in the mid 2000's. At present my resume contains 3 pages only. The first page of my resume contains all personal data, contact info and government licenses, permits and ID numbers. The second page contains professional information including my last three previous occupations and job descriptions. The third and last page contains character references and my skill set.

How long is your resume?

Dekadet

Write your reply...A resume to my best understanding should be at least two pages, but it is advisable to make it a page. This is so because in a very busy environment the interviewer or person in charge of reviewing CVs might have a lot of work to do and might see flipping through 3 to 4 pages of a CV as unnecessary and tiring.

A page or two makes your CV to look well organized and getting rid of unnecessary content or material.

IamDozzy

Typically a Resume for an entry level position shouldn't be more than 2 pages at most while that for a senior managerial position can come in as many pages as you want provided that the job description of the places you have worked in are explained in detail. Your Resume should also include your basic details such as Name,Phone number, Email address, Home address and your LinkedIn address but this is optional.

Haypril

In my experience and hunt for jobs, I believe that a resume should be simple and straight forward. A resume should only carry the necessary information and at most, for an entry level, it should be 2 pages. Anything above that would only be considered as a basic school letter writing.

Olajidey

A resume can either be of one page or two pages but should not be more than two pages. A resume is a short summary of your self, your professional experience, your skill, and education background. A Resume can be organized in different ways such as functional resume, online resume e.t.c

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Tbe last time i prepared a Resume for applying for a writing job online was about two pages. The first page covered my personal credentials, like bio data's like, age, occupation, education. Then the second page contains my acquired skills, work experiences job, job samples etc. I don't think i need to create long pages to display the necessary information needed to secure a good resume in order to apply for job anywhere.