Leaving Your Job To Become Self Employed

Tehilah27

I'm sure you have a good reason for considering quitting your job. Going out on your own as a freelancer is a terrifying prospect as everything now depends only on you and on your efforts. Why not start gradually? First setup your online workplace and begin advertising. Start getting and doing freelance projects on the side and when you have built a big enough client base who recognise the quality of your work and have become repeat customers, you can then quit your job and go freelance full time.

Martinsx

Well, depending on how much I'm earning from my job is going to be determining whether I'm going to quit my job to become self employed. Also, the question is why can't I combine the two? Working and having my own business to run? I would at least hand over its day to day activities in the hands of a trusted partner and just supervise the business from time to time.

Inem

Earning 700k monthly is huge already but I know we can always earn better since our needs are endless. I will prefer you do the two for few months and see which will serve you better. You can never know until you try it out.Try out the two and see how it goes, then quit for the better option.

Kakashi2020

If you really want to do online work then go ahead and start being a full-time online worker. You won't know how much your going to earn unless you try it first. It all depends on what online site and job you'll be working on.

S

szerjhex18

Well its your choice of life. If you like to quit your job that gives you 700k a month and you don't care about how much money you will lose after quitting so be it. If you like to make money without bossing you around just be happy with it and don't make any regrets on what you have decided. But you need to make sure that when your decision is not ended well you can go back on your previous work. Make sure that you quit your job in a good term. So goodluck on your life and i wish you all the best.

m_cel

What do you think about quitting your job to become a freelacer website desiner. I want to leave my current job though it pays me well i earn about 700k monthly but am still not sure if freelacer jobs really pays well.

You have to think it carefully because if you have a salary of 700k that's kind of huge amount. Why don't you try it both? You can be a part timer doing online freelancer web designer and at the same time you still have your current job. If you find being a freelancer would you enjoy most and you already vision yourself being successful in freelancer then you can quit your current job. Study first the disadvantages and advantages if you leave your job, so you won't regret the decision you've made.

ion

Wow, That's good, If someone will pay you that huge amount monthly, you should definitely quit your job. But you should ask your client or your self if that job can classify as stable job, or just seasonal or promotion.

kelz784

To be honest I would begin freelancing, while you are still working at your current job until you build up a big enough client base to ensure that you can support yourself 100% with freelancing.

It would mean putting in more hours a day for a while, but in the long run, it could definitely be worth it.

Freelancing is hard work and not having a guaranteed income each week can add a lot of stress to your life and your budget, but if you really want something bad enough you can make it happen!

dhilyu

If you are leaving a job that pays you 700k a month to become a freelancer web designer then I suggest you better make sure that it's going to earn you 700k a month or more. Honestly I think it's a no brainer, the next moves should always be an upgraded situation than the current.

waad32

Wow, if you are earning that much money, why would you quit your job? I mean you, come to think of it. You are stable with your job. But if you don't enjoy what you're doing (job), weigh the pros and cons of quitting your job. At the end of the day, it's all up to you to decide.

Kendy

Verified member
Some jobs are not just worth all the; time, creativity and effort being put in place. This has become one of the reasons people prefer to start or venture into a business from scratch and build their empire. There are some employees whose their income is not even enough for their basic needs no matter the scale of preference and opportunity cost being adopted. This decision has to be taken in order for an individual's life to have meaning and also look for ways to set up his or her life straight in this ever expensive economy.

Making the decision to become self-employed comes with proactive measures not just relaxing behind. When once an individual set out to become self-employed, he needs to understand that there are many challenges that will come on the way. Definitely, it won't become all smooth and rosy and at the beginning; you may find it difficult to attract customers to yourself, you may find it difficult to know the right strategies to adopt, but with; time, creativity and Innovation you will be able to find your way around the clock and also stand out in the current world of constant competition in order make your business stand out. Determination is always the key to success.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
We will never dispute the fact that much of the employee have the dream of becoming an employer one day. They are actually having this particular notion inorder to have financial freedom. Every employee's dream is to be self-employed. He only works to ensure that one day he will be in charge of his own company. This is a concept that almost every employee has in the back of their head. This is what will ensure financial independence, which is everyone's objective. If you are financially independent, you will not have to rely on anyone for a paycheck; instead, you will pay yourself whenever you choose, and this is what financial independence entails. Leaving a salaried job and starting your own business is a difficult process. Before you even consider quitting your job, you must have gotten your plan straight and practically perfect. The plans must be result oriented and not the one that is filled with unrealistic goals. You should ensure that the goals you are setting is within your reach. this is what will prevent you from chasing the shadows . The shadows that you will never reach. Setting the goals that you can easily achieve is also very important.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Majority of people today love the act of being self-employed that is why they have leave their jobs or their usual and regular nine-to-five jobs in which they work under someone who is an employer as an employee . Some people feel that being an employee working under someone who is an employer or manager is absolutely seen as being a slave to a master and so they're absolutely detest these that is why they are seeking for ways to be their own boss not having to live under the Shadow of any individual who probably is an employer or boss so as to be able to find and cut her for some of their material and physical needs and wants .

Personally if you are your own boss you will be free and you do not have to put on a fake personality so as to improve another person who possibly is an employer . Individual who make their money all online do not have to put on a fake personality because there is absolutely no want to impress they are absolutely free to do whatever they like because they are turning their money online without stress and without any objectivity .

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Honestly speaking, many day jobs actually pay more than online freelancing, but there are certainly many exceptions in this regards. many online freelancers are making more money than people with regular day jobs and they are far much happier than people who work a 9 to 5 job. I am a kind of an individual who would always prefer working online and avoid day jobs at all costs. I have opted for a day job before and it was a quite horrible experience for me. I used to work as a call center agent and it was a miserable job. The employers were never great and they also paid a very low amount of money to their employees.

What's quite surprising is the fact that even today they have not increased the pay, as I have checked what they are offering. So day jobs are not for me. Apart from that, I would always want to be my own boss and I never like someone to dictate me. This is also a major reason why I prefer working from home and working as an independent freelancer, despite the fact that I earn a low amount of money. I also believe that I can earn money and save money for the future.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Why do you want to quit? Ask yourself that first. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 10 years? What did you graduate in and what kind of job makes you money? Are you quitting because you want more free time or is it a question of money? In this economy, quitting right away without a definite plan would be difficult. I suggest you answer all these questions first if you're not sure yet save up about 6 months worth of pay then think about quitting then. I wish you well in your endeavors. Why
Hi! The topic you have chosen is really very interesting. It is true that most people are interested in becoming self-employed. I think that the main reason is that when you are self-employed, you do not have a boss over your head checking your work, making remarks, perhaps complaining all the time or even pushing you to work harder and harder causing you stress in this way. Furthermore, you can have flexible working hours so you can arrange your daily schedule as you wish. This means that you can spend more time with your family and friends or do your hobbies. However, you must be very careful and think twice before quitting your job. Your new job must be profitable enough so as to make a living. In my opinion, a good idea is to keep your current job and be self-employed at the same time. In this way, you can be safe since no risk is involved. :)

sincerem

VIP Contributor
What you've said so far is ideal, people should ask themselves about the reasons why they're quitting their job, it isn't ideal to quit a job that is fetching you money when you have no better option. I know some gigs are stressful, doesn't worth our time, but when we are earning and being comfortable with a particular gig offline or online with no better option,to replace it, it is better to stick to it. I will only quit a job when the pay rate isn't nowhere near, and my time is well consumed which doesn't give me time to think about other things that will bring me better fortune, or stay connected with friends and family at an appropriate time. The job which I'm offered to do, should bring me reasonable amount of income to take care of my primary bills for the time it takes away from me, that doesn't let me to be closer to my love ones. And at this moment, I don't want to work in an organisation that ties me down to hard and doesn't give me time to look out to other important things too. Life isn't about work work, we need time for recreation.