What should I do on my first day at work?

wallet

Just be nice with everyone, pay attention to anything around you and when you get instructed to pay attention and be calm, concentrate on what you must do and try to do your best. In the first day, you must make a good impression because people will see at you what you are showing to them.

samwaters

It's simple, you need to be yourself, do not pretend to be someone else. Be friendly with colleagues, confident, observant, active. Although the first working day is nervous and stressful, be calm and attentive. Good luck!

NerdIndeed

Now, this is an interesting question. I do agree with all of them answers. Here's mine:

15 minutes before your shift starts, drink lots, and I mean lots and lots of coffee so that you'll be attentive to everything your boss and colleagues tell you. Please don't be absent-minded on the very first day as first impressions last.

And last but certainly not the least - be professional, courteous, and friendly the entire day no matter what. Remember: Being an asshole is a choice.

All the best buddy!

Martinsx

Make sure you are not late on your first day at work. Your co-employees would likely to have a chit chat with you and well welcome you instantly. This will give you a positive vibes on your new environment. Without even noticing it, you have earn your confidence and earn their trust.

Exactly! You have made a very good point about what a new employee must try to avoid especially on his or her first day at work. Try as much as possible to be very punctual. It's way more better to be there too early than to be late on your first day. It gives a very bad impression about how serious you take the new job.

Jelineex

Make sure you are not late on your first day at work. Your co-employees would likely to have a chit chat with you and well welcome you instantly. This will give you a positive vibes on your new environment. Without even noticing it, you have earn your confidence and earn their trust.

NesMarcos

First day of work seems always a bit stressful and definitely exciting as well. Indeed, because it is a new surroundings, new people, new workplace, everything is new. The rules, the policies, your bosses and even your pantry. Meanwhile, just be yourself, be calm, show how intelligent you are but don't be arrogant, be nice, follow your superiors, stay focused and lastly be patient and confident.

Mary Ross Vilela

On the first day of job the best thing to do it is wear your confident smile greet every person u meet and then during free time try to familiarize and be comfortable to your office. In this way it would be easier to adjust to your surroundings and be totally comfortable to your day-to-day work.

Lucy

Be yourself! :) you wouldn't want to be judge trying hard portraying a person that is not you. Being yourself and blending with your co-workers will make a great environment in your workplace. Never try too hard to be friendly because it will only look unnatural.

Absolutely. Don't pretend to be different just to be recognized. All you need to do is to observe your environment first. It is nice to be observant on what others are doing. Make sure to ask the right person if you have questions and don't pretend on knowing something even if you're not just to be recognized. You also need to listen attentively or take down notes to your superior or trainer. By doing this, he may think that you are really willing to learn.

Last edited:

fishbate

I suggest you just observe the environment first and try to adapt as fast as possible. Doing work is easy because it's often that the basics are taught before any new hire is brought to the field. But adapting to your work environment could take some time, so in my opinion just try to get all the information you need in the first day.

T

tricozen1

Chill up,relax and be nice to everyone.Just think of yourself as if you've already been working there for a long time.Greet your co-workers and ask about their names, their interests, and about your work.A week or two you will see that you've already got some friends and colleagues.Eventually it will be a good job to work on because of the nice environment you've created with those people around you.

Martinsx

Guys what are few things i should do on my first day at work? should i great everyone that comes to my way and be the nice guy or i just wait until am instructed on what to do?

Well, in my opinion it would be nice to get off on the right foot with your new fellow work colleagues that are already in the system before you got hired.

They stand the right chance of disclosing to you all the modus operandi of the firm. Forget about what is written in the book, when you get into the field, another set of unwritten rules applies.

Emekus

Guys what are few things i should do on my first day at work? should i great everyone that comes to my way and be the nice guy or i just wait until am instructed on what to do?

M

mian_zeeshan07

On very first working day most of the people try to degrade you but some people also appreciate you on your work.
We should be very active in few starting days of work because if we do any mistake that mistake never forget by the other workers and they always tease you on your act.
So on very first day try to meet more people with a good smile and try to gain their trust.
All the best and make your first day memorable for others and for youself also.

mark86

Be yourself, dont pretend to be someone else. Be confident but not to extend like almost a cocky. Be friendly, remember your office will be your second home. Treat them nicely so they will surely treat you the same way.

I remember myself when I was in my first official job. I was so nervous but composed. I smiled to everyone and be friendly. I let myself to be real to everyone but I am aware that in almost office there is also a so called political wherein the employees divided into two. They might be against or pro into you. Always remember that you cant please everyone.

Rosekaizer

On your first day of your job, just be yourself, be friendly with your co workers, because mostly your attitude will be judge by your co workers.I remember when my first job start, I am nervous because of course its my first day, the first thing pop up in my mind when I got there is to be friendly and have confidence.

Dictator20

Just follow the rules, if they don't orient you try to orient your self around the office. Be observant. Just do your work, ignore others just focus on what you should do just focus on your task. Respect you colleagues. Try not to bother them. AGAIN just do what you should do.

S

Shana05

First day of work is a very important day. In this day you will be judged by your co-workers in different ways. They might judge your appearance, your readiness, your alertness and your way of speaking.

In my opinion, what you should do is just be you. Show them who you are, why you are worthy to be part of their team and that you are an approachable person because if you do not, they might have misunderstandings.

Kakashi2020

On your first day of work it's best to befriend some coworkers who are working close to you, you can do so by casually asking them some questions about things that you don't know about your work place and what usually happens is that these new friends would introduce you to their friends and just in a couple of days, you would know everyone.

S

szerjhex18

For first day at work is like first day at school. New people, new surroundings, new stuff, new boss, new in everything. So you need to provide an impression of yourself but keep it real. Just be yourself do your job well and you will getting used to it . Without noticing those people around you will love you :D

m_cel

Greet them with a smile on your face. Be kind to them always because they might be rude to you if you snub them. Make friends with them because they're the one that could help you if you're having difficulties adjusting to your work. Always remember having the right attitude could lead you at the right path to do great at your work.

Enjoy your first at work. H