What to bring on your first day of work?

Tonedo

I will resume my new job as a Computer engineer. I intend to go to my work place with just my pen without any tools.
What did you take to work on the first day of your resumption?

G

On your first day at work go with your PEN and a book should incase it's needed or you need to play writing something, since the first day at work can be very boring. Though is not really neccessary for you to take anything along on the first day at your work place.

trendjing

Being already a part of the company does not require to bring some of your works or portfolios to brag about. I'm sure others have more than what you think you have. It's right that you can just bring your pen. You can just be prepared and refreshed your mind of what will the expected work would be. BEing

solji05

Just bring your usual things when you worked with them. Maybe just add some necessary things like gadgets and food because I'm sure you'll be bored when you come back. I remembered the first day I worked and it feels like you are misplaced and it is so hard to adjust. Just make sure that you can communicate well on the people you'll be meeting first.

m_cel

Just bring a lot of confidence because first impression lasts. Be friendly to your co-workers to avoid bad impression on you. Always smile but not to the extent of smiling, smile on natural way. Don't snub your co-workers because they might rude to you if you're being jerk. Feel you first day at work don't pressure yourself too much just enjoy the moment being at work. If you are enjoying it means you're happy but if you're pressuring yourself to have good impression you'll get a lot of stressed.

AmieBotella

While a pen and my scientific calculator (engineer here) is what I usually bring to my first day of work, I'd say, bring your bests from the first day forward. Bring you best smiles, for other co-workers to warm up to you. Bring your best outlook for this job, bring your longest patience, so that you'll have plenty of time learning how to best do your new job. In short, bring your best self from day one to the future ahead. Changes sometimes put people in a chaotic mood. For the new worker and for the group that you'll about to be working with, so it's best to always be optimistic and positive in approaching new phase of your working life. Bringing your best self at your first day of work really puts a big and lasting impression on you so one should always set that bar on a good note.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I took along my phone, purse, notebook and a pen. I think this will really depend on the type of jobs you are going in for. This will determined what you would really need to carry along. First day is always trial and error because you don’t really know what to expect or you would really need too

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is the duty of the company to provide you with whatever that you need and not your own duty. And if at all, your company needs anything from you, it should be communicated to you. I guess this may be your first job, hence you should have familiar with likely tools that you need to come along with. I wish you best of luck as you resume to your duty soon, pal.