How to Start a Home-Based Business?

Tonedo

Start a business out of your home. It's hard work, but you'll be your own boss, have flexible hours, and finally be able to chase that dream.

Step 1. Choose a home-based business that will have you doing something that you actually like doing. Check your state's rules on sales taxes and other guidance on home business laws in USA, Nigeria, India, Russia and other countries that may differ in their approach.

Step 2. Define objectives and steps to succeed, listing the advantages of working at home. You can't recommend yourself for a new job if this fails, so be sure you want to be self-employed rather than an employee.

Step 3. Discipline yourself and avoid fooling around, constantly visiting the kitchen, or watching TV during the day.
Keep to a regular work schedule, just like you would at an office somewhere else. Good companies have sound structure and operating principles. Focus a single aspect of the field you enter -- whether catering, freelance writing, editing books, or fixing sprinkler systems-- instead of desperately trying to do it all and getting spread so thin you lose direction and money.

Step 4. Design a practical office space in your home with plenty of storage, new equipment, comfortable room, and good light. Make sure it's quiet and all family members know to stay out during business hours.

Step 5. Rent a post office box for a business address to project a more professional image. Meet clients in a rented conference room or go to their office to keep up appearances.

Step 6. Join associations pertinent to the business to circulate with other industry people. Network for clients you wouldn't normally meet now that you're centered in the home. Step 7. Involve the family in decisions and keep them informed, inviting their participation.

Make a clear distinction between work and home life, shutting off phones and computers during your free hours. Hold your end up with home chores and activities, so that you can love your work, but enjoy your life, too.

ion

thanks for this tips. Actually I'm really interested to start my home based business, and so far I'm just gathering some info to start. Honestly I don't know how to start and what is the best source of income from the internet, because I think earnings from internet is just more on extra income, or just additional income and It's really hard to rely from this. I think it's not worth to quit on my offline job and focus on home based.

Inem

These are really valuable tips for those that needs to start home based business and I think No 4 should be taken seriously because humans tend to love fooling around and never getting serious with stuff that are home based. I think setting up a space like an office will help gives one that sense of seriousness and makes it look more official. I'm still thinking about having a home based business

I really like # 3 in the list because that will really spell either success or failure in business: discipline. Establishing routines is really a must . But we also have to reward ourselves within our business like giving ourselves compensation for the work we've done. It cannot all be work, work , and more work alone. The saying that business first before pleasure applies to all otherwise what's the point in creating wealth if we won't enjoy the fruits of our labor.

fishbate

Yup Step 3 is my problem...Working at home is not easy in terms of discipline because basically your the boss. I usually have a daily working hours but there are times that i skipped some schedule because of other activities like family matters and most of the time laziness. Although i have worked out some improvements by managing my schedule more frugal. I still have to work out some of my work discipline.

Seyesystem

Home based work gives you rest of mind,Working from home is the best if someone can get a legitimate one that can be given you reasonable income at the end of the month.with online income one will definitely have rest of mind that at the end of the month you get your payment. Online business that give income is always good because you can easily do it at the comfort of your home with you phone or laptop and you are already making money without the stress of moving from one place to the other. I prefer online job to the physical job which involves stress from home to work and from work to home . Working at home is very good and it is not stressful at all.