Blockchain in a practical application

S

Spool

It seems that whenever there's a promising segment of panelists on YouTube speaking about this "disruptive technology" of the blockchain, I bet many of them on a truly practical level do not understand how the blockchain works, nor how to even implement it themselves.

I don't think they hardly care about how people want to use blockchain either.

I read how APIs power the blockchain, how interconnected protocols of various kinds are all tying into the workings behind these other buzzwords like internet of things and such.

I'm trying to figure out how, if this would actually be decentralized like the people claim it would be, why would blockchain technology still require a platform. Seems the platform would still be the middle man by taking out fees of one kind or another.

I know this is a loaded topic, but it has been bothering me for some time and I can think of a very specific ways I would like to see the technology implemented. Unfortunately, these people can't fuel their narcissism off that type of development I have in mind.

Share any links you may find useful about current projects in this area. What do you think can ultimately be done with BC?