Make Money Online Transcribing Audio Files To Text

Emma Sali

Those interested in making money online can try transcribing audio files. Working as a trancriptionist online is a great way to earn extra money and there are people making a living this way. Thanks to internet you can find lot of earning opportunities online transcribing audio files. No matter if you are a complete newbie with zero experience transcribing audio or an experienced transcriptionist with years of experience and can type very fast, you can always find something to work. Of course, beginners make less money than the experienced transcriptionists, but as their experience grows, so will their earnings.

Transcription does not require some sort of specialized training and even newbies can start working on a jobs that don’t require experience and typing speed. And over time as their skills improve can take on higher paying jobs. To start working online all you will need is a computer connected to internet, a good quality set of head phones or speakers and in some cases a foot pedal.

You can also find free software online that will help you to transcribe audio files to text. One of them is program called ExpressScribe. If you wish to test and improve your typing skills you can download KeyBlaze Typing Tutor or go to Typingtest.com. KeyBlaze Typing Tutor allows you to increase your accuracy and typing speed through exercises. You can also try Transcribe. It’s a website which also allows you to upload your audio files and transcribe them and store them online for further use. It has a free and a paid version.

How to find transcription job online?

There are many work opportunities for both beginner and experienced transcriptionist. They are free to join but all of them require you to pass a test. Some of them will also require to submit a resume and have some experience in transcribing. Many of them will require that you are a fast typist typing over 50 words per minute.

If you are interested working online as a transcriptionist you can try one or more of these sites:
  • AmazonMechanical Turk or Mturk. Is an excellent choice for all new transcribers looking for their first assignment. There are lots of tasks posted daily on mturk an many of them are transcription tasks. After you open account search for the following requesters (employers): Claritrans, CastingWords, SpeakerText, SpeechInk. They are among those that post transcription tasks. Keep in mind that you will have to past a test to earn a qualification to work on certain tasks.
  • Scribie. Also a great site for newbie. You will have to pass a test to be accepted working for scribie and you will also need to have a Paypal account to receive your payments. The pay is $1 for a six minute of audio file which equals to around $10 per audio hour. Although the pay on Scribie is low, it’s a great place to start and improve your skills before applying to a higher paid jobs.
  • TranscribeMe - Another good site for beginners. Applicants must pass a test before they can work for TranscribeMe
  • VerbalInk- Verbal Ink accept U.S. citizens. Applicants must email their resume and cover letter and have a typing speed of 65 words per minute.
  • Way with Words requires a typing speed of 50 words per minute. All applicants must be able to transcribe an audio hour in four hours as well as dedicate at least 20 hours every week. They must also pass a test.
  • AccutranGlobal requires their applicants to have a typing speed of 70 words per minute. The pay is on a per word basis, paying $0.005 to $0.0066 per word.
  • SpeakWrite also pays on per word basis and the minimum typing speed required is 65 words per minute.
  • GMR Transcription - accepts only applications from U.S. and Canada. Previous experience is not necessary but they have a strict grading policy.
Kylem9ls1us

Mishi

Are you looking for ways to earn some money or make that extra cash without too much hustle? Then you should consider transcription jobs. General transcription is something that anyone can do to earn some money online right from the comfort of your home.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Among the numerous options of transcription site that is pleasing yo me, is transcribeme. Their pay rare per short audio file is better too, and they accept transcribers from different countries and not specifically US or UK. That made it worthwhile site to start transcription. I've tried it bit the exam is hindering me to get started.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I am a transcriptionist. I transcribe with crowdsurf. However, there are conditions to be met before one can be admitted to transcribe on it. Aside this, it is meant for USA and the Canadians. Though other countries citizens can join but they won't be given assignment. It is a place where you can earn more then 320$ per months depending on the number of tasks and level that you are.

jangdong

I think the transcriptionist's job is very simple in theory. You should listen to audio or video files of the people who are speaking (they can be interviews, podcasts, etc.) and write what they are saying. It is easy!
There are very few requirements to work as a transcriptionist, but the most important is, without a doubt, the language. You must have a good command of English, as most of these companies work with that language first. You must be able to understand conversations and write with good spelling and grammar. Sure there are always ways to make this a little easier, but it's good to be prepared.
It should also be noted that the quality of the transcription is much more important than the speed with which it is done. If you make a lot of mistakes, you run the risk of having your account suspended.
Playing a one hour loop and overthinking while staring at a wall and then replaying it.

George10640

Passing the test to me was the hardest thing with transcription sites.The questions they ask when you have understood them are very common but I dont know what method they use to verify you have an account. I lost hope in transcription since I have no laptop to do the job and am very sure you can't do anything without a laptop. In future I will think of working with Rev since it my best as I gain more skills in transcription. I will just buy an account from guys who have understand how the test goes.

Moni2402

Those interested in making money online can try transcribing audio files. Working as a trancriptionist online is a great way to earn extra money and there are people making a living this way. Thanks to internet you can find lot of earning opportunities online transcribing audio files. No matter if you are a complete newbie with zero experience transcribing audio or an experienced transcriptionist with years of experience and can type very fast, you can always find something to work. Of course, beginners make less money than the experienced transcriptionists, but as their experience grows, so will their earnings.

Transcription does not require some sort of specialized training and even newbies can start working on a jobs that don’t require experience and typing speed. And over time as their skills improve can take on higher paying jobs. To start working online all you will need is a computer connected to internet, a good quality set of head phones or speakers and in some cases a foot pedal.

You can also find free software online that will help you to transcribe audio files to text. One of them is program called ExpressScribe. If you wish to test and improve your typing skills you can download KeyBlaze Typing Tutor or go to Typingtest.com. KeyBlaze Typing Tutor allows you to increase your accuracy and typing speed through exercises. You can also try Transcribe. It’s a website which also allows you to upload your audio files and transcribe them and store them online for further use. It has a free and a paid version.

How to find transcription job online?

There are many work opportunities for both beginner and experienced transcriptionist. They are free to join but all of them require you to pass a test. Some of them will also require to submit a resume and have some experience in transcribing. Many of them will require that you are a fast typist typing over 50 words per minute.

If you are interested working online as a transcriptionist you can try one or more of these sites:

• AmazonMechanical Turk or Mturk. Is an excellent choice for all new transcribers looking for their first assignment. There are lots of tasks posted daily on mturk an many of them are transcription tasks. After you open account search for the following requesters (employers): Claritrans, CastingWords, SpeakerText, SpeechInk. They are among those that post transcription tasks. Keep in mind that you will have to past a test to earn a qualification to work on certain tasks.
  • Scribie. Also a great site for newbie. You will have to pass a test to be accepted working for scribie and you will also need to have a Paypal account to receive your payments. The pay is $1 for a six minute of audio file which equals to around $10 per audio hour. Although the pay on Scribie is low, it’s a great place to start and improve your skills before applying to a higher paid jobs.
  • TranscribeMe - Another good site for beginners. Applicants must pass a test before they can work for TranscribeMe
  • VerbalInk- Verbal Ink accept U.S. citizens. Applicants must email their resume and cover letter and have a typing speed of 65 words per minute.
  • Way with Words requires a typing speed of 50 words per minute. All applicants must be able to transcribe an audio hour in four hours as well as dedicate at least 20 hours every week. They must also pass a test.
  • AccutranGlobal requires their applicants to have a typing speed of 70 words per minute. The pay is on a per word basis, paying $0.005 to $0.0066 per word.
  • SpeakWrite also pays on per word basis and the minimum typing speed required is 65 words per minute.
  • GMR Transcription - accepts only applications from U.S. and Canada. Previous experience is not necessary but they have a strict grading policy.
Kylem9ls1us
I think the transcriptionist's job is very simple in theory. You should listen to audio or video files of the people who are speaking (they can be interviews, podcasts, etc.) and write what they are saying. It is easy!
There are very few requirements to work as a transcriptionist, but the most important is, without a doubt, the language. You must have a good command of English, as most of these companies work with that language first. You must be able to understand conversations and write with good spelling and grammar. Sure there are always ways to make this a little easier, but it's good to be prepared.
It should also be noted that the quality of the transcription is much more important than the speed with which it is done. If you make a lot of mistakes, you run the risk of having your account suspended.

Ekuvero

Working as a transcriber for Mturk would be very difficult cause of the strict restrictions put in place by Amazon to ensure none Americans can't participate in any of their earning sites.

Working as a transcriber for these online sites would be really nice but the pay for beginners aren't that much but along the line you would be open to much job offers as you ensure your jobs are perfectly done so as for you to have a good review

setaimj

Any suggestion for transcription jobs and translation jobs.
Work-from-Home Translation Jobs
  • Aberdeen. Company mostly provides captioning and transcription services but also hires translators to work at home and in its office in Orange County, CA.
  • Acclaro.
  • American High-Tech Transcription and Reporting. ...
  • Appen.
  • Apple At-Home Advisors. ...
  • Asurion.
  • Clickworker.
  • Connections Academy.

Olajidey

Have heard about scribes before but the one I know of and I already participated on is QA world, QA world is a transcribing site that pays you for transcribing and also you earn depends on how long the minute of the voicemail or call you are transcribing, They also do a test before you are applied because they want to know that you are good in transcribing and you first five jobs most be rated 3 and above if you have below 3 ratings you will be ban.

leejay

Thanks for sharing this. I wonder if they all pay by paypal.Because have been wondering how for so long....though someone told me but i will love to hear it clearly

Victor001

This is my first time hearing this, we learn everyday. From your writeup it seems you are a beneficiary.
I will like to ask as a beginner how long will itbtake to master the craft?