Transportation business, a viable and lucrative business

Inem

This line of business is a very lucrative business and money making business too. People are always moving from point A to point B daily and this only means money for those that are in the business. If one can invest here,good money will be made. Have you ever invested in transportation business, what's the experience like in your location?

NerdIndeed

I actually did a trucking business before. The revenue and sales were good, but the expenses are very high. Plus, it's so hard to employ competitive drivers, if you don't micromanage them, they'll slack off. Sometimes con you too if you're not attentive and hands-on with everything, most of the time with fuel. I sold the business right after two years, and I now feel less stressed.

Chima.k

Investing in transportation business is a good move, within a short period of time, you should be able to make your profit within a year, like the cost of purchasing the cars.

But one must also understand that it capital intensive but depends on how big you want it to be. Cost of maintenance can be high if you have bad drivers and road.

I actually did a trucking business before. The revenue and sales were good, but the expenses are very high. Plus, it's so hard to employ competitive drivers, if you don't micromanage them, they'll slack off. Sometimes con you too if you're not attentive and hands-on with everything, most of the time with fuel. I sold the business right after two years, and I now feel less stressed.
what type of trucks did you have, and why so stressed can you explain a little more in detail ?