Does Handmade stuff brings money?

G

I have seen many girls that sell their handmade stuff on different selling websites, I wonder if this activity brings them any money, my wife wants to start to make bracelets, earrings, frames, and paintings. To be honest she doesn't have such a great talent and I am worried because she will invest around 500 dollars in materials and I am afraid she will lose the money.
What should I do, to tell her that she has no talent or to support her in her activity?

Inem

Hand made stuff brings in good money if one is actually talented and creative one needs to be unique and have never seen styles and designs to attract good number of customers. So with your wife I think she should learn the art first before trying to invest in it.She can learn from tutorials online or from experts offline.

jpk0007

Hand made stuff will always make good money if it is unique and very different from the other stuff available in the market.If someone has a talent to create beautiful objects which are very authentic in there look , then they can make huge profits by selling them. Customers will always prefer to buy handmade stuff because it is very durable and orignal.I think you should encourage and help your wife in her endeavour.

Tehilah27

People are always looking for unique items but first, your wife should invest time and money into perfecting her craft. Once she has achieved that, do a bit of research into shipping logistics for when she begins to get orders. Know how much it will cost, how many days it will take to arrive at different destinations, etc. Afterwards, it's all about showcasing her products with good photographs and doing a bit of advertising. There are different forums and sites where she can even advertise for free!

Jelineex

I agree on friends that handmade stuff is a good way to earn money. It's nice to earn on something that we love to do. I think it's nice to encourage your wife to do what she loves to do. She can start on small things and within your vicinity. This will give an assessment whether she's capable of running her likes. I mean big business starts from small beginnings. I hope everything will be successful in God's grace. Good luck!

GuestHu

People spend their money on something worthwhile and useful. Sometimes they squander their money on something aesthetically pleasing like paintings. Make sure the stuff your wife is making is beautifully crafted and useful. There are a lot of good pieces of advice and tips found in the internet world.

Many people enjoy arts and crafts but never take that extra step to make them available for sale. If you’re crafty and have the time and space to make your craft items in larger quantities, there are a variety of items you can create to sell for extra money from home. In fact, with a little planning, you can build a complete home business using your own creative skills.

blackmist

Handmade products are profitable as long as it is made with quality. If it is a product that can attract everyone I'm sure you will gain more compare to your investment. For first timer I am sure that you will need time and experience to fully established the business. You will need time to tell people that your product exist.