Affiliate Marketing and Dropshipping

Kakashi2020

A couple of years ago Affiliate Marketing was the Craze and everyone wants to earn good income from it but when people tried it and realize that it's all hype it's popularity waned. Nowadays it's Dropshipping, people are hyping it again into some kind of easy money for freelancers. What are your thoughts about Dropshipping or Affiliate Marketing? Have you tried it? Did you earn decent money from it?
​​​​​

Inem

I read about the two but went for affiliate marketing because I needed to start from somewhere.I signed up for Amazon affiliate and started the advertising of product links on all social media since I didn't have a blog.Unfortunately I have been having just clicks no actual sales for now but the good thing is that I have a good number of them,so I'm anticipating that one or two of those clicks will actually buy soon, I prefer affiliate marketing for now

jaymish2

I think both affiliate marketing and drop shipping are legitimate online businesses. I don't think that they are hype. However I think your success depends on how much work you put into both. Are you willing to learn?Improve your skills?spend time working on your blog/E-commerce store?do the marketing?Both are not easy and that is where people go wrong. They don't realize how hard you have to work and how patient you haveto be. This is not instant money. Only people not willing to go through the process and who expect instant success call it hype. There is nothing like a free lunch.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is not over hyped. But one thing about online business is that it spread faster. Drop shipping may be reigning now because it is less stressful compare to affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing requires to sell and make commissions. While drop shipping allow you to even add your gain before selling the goods.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I actually try to make money through affiliate marketing but it was difficult to me because I was just new to the affiliate system and I was not able to make any reasonable amount of money as it was not easy for me to convince people to buy a particular product using your own referral link, I don't know of drop-shipping and how it work.