Open for business on Sunday?

jyu143

This is something that is very peculiar in my society, most businesses open even on Sundays. It's not people aren't buying, they definitely have customers, if not they won't open on Sundays. I'm sure to have made purchases on Sundays but I don't make a habit of this because I'm a catholic Christian, so we normally keep the sabbath day holy.

Is it appropriate to open for business on Sundays?

Inem

Well,in my country people frown at the act of selling on Sundays because they're mostly Christians and believe Sabbath day should be kept holy by not selling anything on that day but it isn't possible that all everyone will be in church that day so I think it isn't Bad to sell on Sunday.

fishbate

Working on Sunday's is a good idea if you think your profit is significant. Sunday's are usually family day, this is where you can spend time with your family after days of hard work. But when it comes to business, you can try to do some adjustments so that your family time wont be compromised. You can go hire some extra personnel on Sundays to make sure that your business is up on Sunday's and your family have the time they deserve.

Kakashi2020

There's nothing peculiar about opening businesses during Sundays. Most Businesses like malls, shops and restaurants are open on Sundays around the globe. If you want to practice Sabbath day then just sleep on sunday because if there's no businesses open during sundays then where can you go? Not even malls, gas stations and hospitals should be open right? And that has no sense at all.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Business should be differentiated from religion. A business man should not be sentiment when it comes to business. In Dubai, for instance, Sunday is a working day, will you frown at them for opening on Sunday? Or how will you feel if you want to treat yourself or even treat your family right and you discover that hospitals and malls are closed because it is Sunday?

Queentener

I don't see anything bad in opening businesses on Sunday, accepted Sunday is a Sabbath day but not to everybody the seven days adventist believe that Saturday is the Sabbath day so I see nothing wrong in opening your business or shops on a Sunday you went to church in the morning, came back then in the evening open for customers. there are some people that are only available on Sundays to buy and stock up their houses. Me I don't see anything bad in it different people with different opinions.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
For me i don't see anything wrong opening your business on Sunday,most of the business people operate,on sunday they made a lots of sales and get more profit, it's not good for all businesses to shutdown on sunday, because everyone do buy one or two things on sunday too,so I don't think it's bad to operate your business on Sunday.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Opening business on Sunday to me is a personal decision one has to make and should not be a general rule, someone can decide to open a shop on Sunday because the person do not believe on any religious doctrine,and at the same time someone can decide not to open a shop on Sunday based on his or her religious belief,so I think this is a personal decision.

Martinsx

The question is that would it be possible for all business to close up on Sunday? The answer is capital NO, it's not possible to have all business shutdown on Sunday because should that happen, it's going to cripple that Sunday, thereby making living that day practically unbelievable and unbearable. Can you imagine having all transportation being shutdown because it's a Sunday? How would those who don't own a vehicle go about their activities on Sunday? Even going to the so called church?