How to Setup a Professional Dry cleaning Business

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The business is lucrative , what you need to consider most is the promotion means to get customers ,you need to go extra ways to make sure the business gets to a large outreach , because the sucess and profitability of the business depends on that ,you could make banners for promoting and others

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
To set up a professional dry cleaning business, you need to be in a very rich location and a crowdy location. To be a professional one, you need to have a skill in doing the dry cleaning business. When you know how to iron very well and knows how to do the packaging of the shirt and have a clean equipments. Again, you need to be in a very nice location where there rich people.

funmi

Verified member
In every business some one want to do, it is not right to start it by giving some else. Dry cleaning job is very good and lucrative. It is also profitable, how ever, giving your business to another person to run for you is very risky.
It is very good for you to start the business first by yourself before you hand it over to your manager. That is my take on this topic.

Mellorando

Banned
First of all you have to plan the location of your business for a dry cleaning shop it requires capital intensive and also labour intensive to run such a business to attract people to patronize you it all depend and how you present your services in a laundry business punctuality and promptness is needed to succeed a dry cleaner should always keep to time when his or her client would be needing his or her clothes

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have talked to the laundry shop inside our village. There are 3 of them right now.During the lockdown the laundry business was closed so the issue is the rent. Now that it is open again but they have to pay the past rent. They admitted that it is not easy to operate the business but the earnings would be good if the rent is not very high.

Briangsam

Laundry business is a very lucrative business but there is no doubt that starting up might be very difficult. This could be for many reasons. In my area, people stigmatize businesses like that until you start making money from it and you start doing so well. So you need to get the appropriate knowledge of the business, a washing machine and your customers. Be nice and jovial. Referrals will come handy.

Asad Ali

In my country it isn't a capital-intensive startup but a lot of effort to start a laundry company.
It isn't a real idea to let your dry cleaning company run by someone else when you start up.The best way to observe and control what happens in your organization is to make changes once a problem is present. No one in a new company, just like the creator, will add a lot of effort.

Teatea

Laundry business is very lucrative. And your idea of outsourcing works too but you have to be fully involved in the activities of the business, no one can monitor a business like the owner, they can only do their convenient best which may not be enough for the growth of the business. Before investing or starting up, write a well detailed business plan and also check the feasibility of the business in your area.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Before one can set up a Laundry business there are some things to put in to consideration:
(1) Location of where you want to put your office of shop matters
(2) the availability of water and Light is also important
(3) Method of advertisement to use should be considered.
(4) price to place on the collection of goods or serviced rendered.
(5) And the capital to use
What you suggested is a nice option that should be considered. When it comes to business, the location should also be taking into account. Their are location you place your business that will make it not to market well. But their are suitable locations that will help bring people and make you record sales faster.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Before one can set up a Laundry business there are some things to put in to consideration:
(1) Location of where you want to put your office of shop matters
(2) the availability of water and Light is also important
(3) Method of advertisement to use should be considered.
(4) price to place on the collection of goods or serviced rendered.
(5) And the capital to use

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Laundry business is a good home business that brings in cash when planned exceptionally well. My friend is a professional dry cleaner and a laundry service owner, that owns a laundry shop. He set his plans so well and made sure that he provided all that is needed to make the laundry shop an eye catching one.

Georgeadawara

For someone to start a dry cleaning business you need to get the full apparatuses that are needed for starting a business. The high the workers the activi they be and the popular the dry cleaning business will move.

Apollo

Owning a laundry setup or firm is a great source of making money. For you to start up a laundry shop, you must pick very good location. To do this you check the demography of the place. Places with high population or many residential buildings are hot spots for this.
Make sure your space is very spacious. Get very good equipment that will enable you carry out your business effectively. Another important factor is your staffing. Employ hardworking and effective people. Having a good network for collecting and delivering customer clothes should not be neglected too.

Tonedo

I am planning on setting up a medium scale Dry cleaning business with just one medium size shop, 3 staff and two watching machine for the Laundry.

This how I want the laundry to work:
I won't be very much involved in the dry cleaning. I will get two or three staff, one will manage the business and report back to me with profit.
​​​​​
Please how lucrative is this business, I really don't want to invest my hard earned money in a business I won't get return.

Guys please what your view about this.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The location matters in starting a professional dry cleaning business. But if you have what it takes, you can also make or create a website where people can be booking your service online. Then you need to hire people, you can do the logistics, accounting and even scouting for customers yourself. So you need to employ people of the same vision with you. I will also advice you to build a strong relationship skill with your neighbors. They are the ones that will do the offline marketing for you. Then you need to start with promo to attract customers before increasing the pricr slightly by giving customers solid reasons.

Hina

Before you do anything else, you should work in the industry for at least a short time.

A week or a month is likely not enough to wrap your head around the intricate details of the industry, but taking a year, or at least six months, to work at the ground level of the industry can help you understand all the ins and outs that come with the dry cleaning business.

No industry or job is as simple as it appears from the outside, so make sure you work in the industry before you dive in.

Not only will this help you understand the industry, it will help you understand whether or not this is a business in which you would want to spend your entire career.

If you are unable to work in the industry, at least do extensive research. Then u can start your own work.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I knoe of a friend that is dealing with this. He employed three staff as well. One is in charge of scouting for customers. She does this by going to different banks in her vicinity and negotiate with them especially the single bankers. The other is in charge of washing and ironing. While the other one keeps the accounting record and all the financial statements of the company. He smiles to the bank every Monday morning. It is very lucrative a business especially for people with good interpersonal relationships.

Olajidey

Going into dry cleaning business is a good idea but you have to do your homework like studying of the environment check out if there is a competitor so you can know what to include best for you to have a customer or possible check out for a location that did not have a competitor. and another tin is you have to be there with your worker's reason is that we have some workers that divert their boss money to their pocket and the boss will think the business is not moving.

Gilead

laundry and dry cleaning services business is one of the most promising business opportunities in Africa, especially in Nigeria where am from.
Doing our laundry is one of many chores we love to hate. Everybody wants to wear clean and neatly pressed clothes, but nobody loves to do the washing and ironing.
Busy and demanding city life is making more people willing to pay laundry businesses to take care of their dirty laundry.
The Dry cleaning and laundry services market in my country is huge and growing at an amazing rate. This business, which can be run from home with little capital investment, is a goldmine for smart entrepreneurs who are able to provide the convenience needed by customers at a reasonable price.