Run your business as a separate entity.

Henrywrites

This is a mistake that many always make when they are starting a business and it has ruined whole lot of businesses in the past. The thing is this, when one is starting a business, there is need to separate funds for the business from funds that is for personal uses.

This is one of the ways that you can truly know if your business is improving or declining and what to do about that. Do you adopt this idea of separate entity in your business?

Putin

That's very correct, there are some business out there using fund made for their business for personal use, not knowing that is a downfall of any business.

Putin

How to Set up Your Business as a Separate Entity - In terms of day-to-day business, a separate entity runs separately from the owner, with a separate bank account and transactions, buying and selling products or services or both, and receiving and paying out its own money. Everything done by the business entity is separate from what is done by the individual owner(s).

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Yes, I know of some people whose money is mixed with the funds of the business. It is all right if the business if a single proprietorship for the mixing of funds will not matter much. However, the added money to the business funds or the money taken from the business fund will affect the cash flow of the business. For purposes of computation of the profit the numbers will not be accurate. As much as possible the money of the business is separate from the personal money so there will be no confusion.

Sammyesx

Start a business is not an easy venture making it successful is harder, a business owner should be able to isolate him self from his business in the sense that he doesn't use the proceed from the business to settle personal problem, the profit of a business is necessary for the continuous running of the business that is why using it for other purposes is not advisable, if a business must take from the proceed of the business then it should as a form of salary for is work that contributed to the success of the business.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
You can run your business as a separate entity only if you have the capacity to do that.
Before you can run your own business as a separate entity you must know what business means. Company or business in other hand is an entity that is its separate from the owner and you must operate it separately by not allowing any thing to disturb it not to be functioning.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is one thing I learned from my business studies class and till today, I can’t forget it. Yes when once one start a business, it is better to start it as a different business entity. This simply means your private life and account should be different from that of your business. This will help you to keep your account properly and devoid from interference from external people. The business needs to be run in a way that everything is accounted for properly.