7 Ways to Make People To Read Your Blog Post

Markus

Blogging is popular. Everyone's already doing it. You're probably already doing it. But you know what? Compared to five, ten years ago, blogging is so common that people don't even read all the blog posts right now. Eight out of ten people will read your headline, but only two out of ten will click through and read your article.
That just shows that people are desensitized to blog posts, and they're not really reading them. So if you're going to write a blog post, there's a few things that you need to know. 7 Ways to Make People Read Your Blog Post - 7 Ways to Make People Read Your Blog Post

Number one: Write with the words "you" and "I". If you don't include the words "you" and "I", people aren't going to feel that it's a conversation. If they don't feel that it's a conversation, they're going to think of it as, like, a college lecture, and they are going to leave. When you're more conversational with people, they are more likely to engage, read, and respond.

Number two: Your paragraphs can't be more than five or six lines. The moment they're more than five or six lines, it's just overwhelming. People don't want to go through that. If you look at Trendri.com, you'll even notice that a lot of my paragraphs are only two or three lines. I even have some paragraphs that are only one line.

Number three: Use subheadings. Subheadings break down sections within your blog post, so it makes it easier to skim. Without subheadings, people won't be able to get the gist of your content without reading the whole thing, which means you're going to get less readers. Through subheadings, people can go down to the section of the blog post that they want to read, and read that area, and keep scrolling through.

Number four: Make sure you use a conclusion, right? Write a conclusion every time you create a blog post. And label that conclusion, "conclusion". It keeps it really simple. People can scroll down, read your conclusion, know what your blog post is about, and decide if they want to scroll back up and read the rest. I know that sounds weird, but that actually is the visitor/reader pattern when they're scrolling through and reading your blog post. A lot of people go down, read the conclusion, then go back up.

Number five: With your blog posts, make sure you cite your information. Don't just come up with the facts and data without citing it. If you do that, people are going to call B.S. and not come back.

Number six: Use photos. As they say, "A picture says a thousand words." If using graphics and images to explain the message that you're trying to convey, people are much more likely to read and stick around.

Number seven: Make sure your article is really thorough and actionable. If someone reads your article and they're like, "Oh, cool, I know I can go do something after reading this," they're going to be like, "Great, I should keep reading the content." I once googled "how to install a bidet", and I came up with an article that didn't even teach me how to install a bidet. Never went back to that site. And that site is called "How Stuff Works". Their articles weren't informative, weren't actionable, so I was never going to read them. If you follow those tactics, you're going to create blog posts that people actually want to read.

Attachments

• photo78.png
    photo78.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 0

Ahxmed

I always consider option of sharing blog page on social media network.