General insurance What is the criteria for purchasing an insurance plan

Phabbyfundz

For those who wants to purchase insurance plans or policy or has intentions to do so but are still held down between not knowing what they actually need to purchase an insurance or the said requirements for purchasing an insurance plan. This cuts across the government policy binding those who want to purchase insurance plans or even the said company's policy for those who wants to purchase an insurance plan.
If you have purchased an insurance plan from your own personal experience what would you say are the criteria for owning or purchasing an insurance plan or policy with any insurance company.
As a college student I have been wondering what would I need to actually quality as someone who can own an insurance plan. What are the criteria or requirements.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is no more to what is required from an insurance company. First of all, let assume it is insurance policy on health, it will be required of the intending insured person to provide the health certificate that will show all the ailment battling by him and other documents to show that is fit for the insurance policy.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I think the number one on my list and the most important is to make sure you make thorough research about the exact type of insurance policy you want to buy. You could make use the help of the internet and then consult an expert if you could, and don’t underestimate the advice of a broker or agent assigned for you

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I believe anyone from the age of 18 is liable to get any insurance plan provided you know what it is all about. Then the next thing is to Know the kind of insurance policy or policies you would be needing. You would need to do it yourself or get a trusted insurance broker

AfriPeeps Official

One thing I can tell you is that at the time of selecting insurance plans, one should select the amount wisely as it covers the medical expenses for a year. Take your age into account; the younger you are, lower the sum insured you need. One should also take a look at his or her income levels to analyse the premium affordable. Another vital aspect is the add-ons for they impact premium amounts. Make sure you chose a sum insured which won’t fall short in case of an emergency and whose premium is not too exorbitant.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I think if you want to purchase an insurance plan you must have the resources first to do that. i also think that you need to pay certain amount of money on a monthly basis or yearly basis to the insurance company depending on the kind of insurance company and the agreement that will be reached.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think every insurance company have its own policies and guidelines you need to meet before you buy an insurance policy ,like the one I know is property insurance coverage ,you need to be the owner and and also gave a proof that the property is for you before insuring it