The need to define terms of payment before accepting a job offer.

Etini

Valued Contributor
We understand that the rate of unemployment globally is at high rate. This has made a lot of people jump into jobs without clearly defining terms. I have seen cases where people begin jobs and at the time they expect their pay, they are not paid. The employer comes up with one condition or the other. I have personally traveled to take up a position outside my city on the premise that the organization is going to take care of my feeding, only to get there and they said they can't afford it.

It is necessary to define the terms of payment and have them included in your appointment letter for reference purposes. This should be done before you resume work at any organization. Clauses like when you would be paid, method of payment, your salary amount, and other allowances/ incentives should be properly documented and understood/ agreed upon by you before you take up that job. Don't shortchange yourself.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
When it comes to accepting a job offer, there is a lot of confusion about what the terms of payment are. This can sometimes lead to a lot of stress and anxiety in the hiring process. If you have any doubts about your ability to pay back the company, it is important that you clarify this with them before accepting the job offer.

Most employers will give you some time to work out how much they owe you, so they can accept your offer on this basis.
If they do not agree with this, then it may be best for them to look elsewhere. Like I said earlier, before accepting a job offer, you must define terms of payment. You may have a verbal contract, but this is not enough to keep calm. Yo need to have an agreement in writing so you will be sure that you will be paid on time and in full.