Should my business aim be profit making or customer satisfaction

Carpon

Valued Contributor
This is a very frank question I have and I guess some other person's with the idea of beginning new businesses also have. Should my aim and objective of setting up a business be the maximization of profit or satisfying the needs of customers?

In my own view, I think that both have parts to play. It will be unwise for a business owner to only be focused on making profit without paying attention to the feeling customers have about your service and products and the kind of satisfaction they are getting. It may even cripple the business patronage level.

It is also not advisable that one gives attention to how he is able to take care of customers needs and forget that he needs to make profit and also benefit from the business. This may as well kill the business financially.

So I personally think that when going into business, one should give attention to both and put things in place to ensure that both are realised.

Please what are your thoughts on this. Do you think differently or same with me. Just add your thoughts below.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The two are important but the most is the customer satisfaction. You would make more money from a satisfied customer. Treating the customers well is essential for repeat sales which bring more capital. . Satisfied customers not only buy form you regularly but also bring in more people to patronise the business and this still point to you having more profit. So the bottom line is that more satisfying customers will bring more profit.