SEO Vs Social Media Marketing: Which One Is Better To Get More Traffic?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Generating traffic for your blog or website could be very rewarding thing. In fact, generating a really huge amount of unique visitors is something many people want to do and this is what they desire. There could be many ways to generate traffic to your website. As far as I know, the two main ways to generate traffic to your blog or website are Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing albeit there could be many other ways to attract unique visitors to your website. Both of the are great ways, but I am sure that between both of them, there should be one that is much better than the other.

In order to determine which technique is better we must analyze both of them. As far as I know, SEO is far much competitive and difficult because you are basically racing with other websites to rank better. I must say that SEO was pretty much easy during the early days of the Internet, but now times have changed completely and I think that SEO will become more and more tougher for bloggers. Social media marketing is not easy thing either. So, what kind of strategy is better to get traffic?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
SEO vs social media marketing—which one is better for getting more traffic? The answer isn't so straightforward.

The two highly popular digital marketing tools are very different, and each has their pros and cons.

That being said, however, there are plenty of reasons why social media marketing is a better option in the long term than SEO. Here's how they compare.

What is SEO?

Search Engine Optimization, or SEO for short, is a strategy designed to drive more traffic to your website through search engines. It does this by improving the way that your site ranks in organic search engine results pages, or SERPs.

When you use SEO to improve your site's ranking in SERPs, you can benefit from all of these things:

Higher click-through rate and engagement rate from visitors who find your listing.

To understand the difference between SEO and social media marketing, let's first look at how they work. Social media marketing is advertising through social media networks, while SEO is getting higher search rankings by improving your website and content. The answer is neither.

Both are important, and you should use them together to get the most traffic.

Let's think about this in terms of your car. Your car needs to be in good working order so it can run properly. That's like having a well-built website with keywords in your content that help search engines find you. Without that, no one will know you exist. But just having a car isn't enough—you also have to actually drive it to go anywhere! That's like promoting your business on social media: you have a presence there, but you need to advertise on those platforms so people will see it, with the goal of driving them back to your website when they want to make a purchase or learn more information.

While it may seem like one is better than the other, both are important for getting more traffic. Use them together and you'll achieve better output.

D

Deleted member 13140

Here is the thing you have to understand how the various social media sites work before you conclude that either seo is better or social media.

So how does the social media platforms work, so unlike blogging and vlogging that depends solely on Seo Instagram and other social sites like Facebook and tiktok, your posts could die off

On Instagram its only 1 day or 2 but if your post goes viral then maybe 4 days on the explore page, on tiktok 3 days if it goes viral maybe a week or so, on Facebook I don't think there is anything like a post going viral it dies off in hours

But Pinterest, that platform is different its a social media and also seo based so your pins could last mire than a year or months, so well for me, I'll multitask.

I'll use all but if am to choose i prefer social media