Mushroom production at home

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is a small scale business that is done at home which means there is no need to register the business if your clients are in the neighborhood only. The advantage of mushroom production is that you can have your own supply of mushroom which is not cheap to buy in the market.

First step is to find a suitable place in your home, preferably a space in the garage or in the terrace. You have to buy a box for the small farm that will be filled with potting material. Compost mixed with sawdust or hay is the best for me. That is where you will scatter the “seeds” that you will buy. Growing the mushroom is easy and it is just like a waiting game. Harvesting is also easy. You can do a research before you embank on this kind of business.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I have been trying this business in my locality but is always very difficult because it is not easy from experience to grow mushroom because sometimes it is a fungi that grows on certain types of wood and for you to find this wood might be very difficult and sometimes you need to change the wood every few months.i need to do a research about it more.