Labourers Abuse: its repercussions in the construction sector.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
The construction industry is one of the most dangerous industries in the world. It's a very competitive and stressful environment, with a lot of pressure to perform at all times. This makes it easy for labourers to be treated badly by their employers. The fact that labourers are being abused by their employers is nothing new, but it is still an issue that needs addressing. The reason why this issue is important to address is because it could lead to serious consequences down the line, such as death or injury.

In addition to this, there are also instances where labourers are forced to work overtime without being paid extra money for it. This can result in them not being able to afford their daily food needs and may even lead them into malnutrition if they do not receive adequate nutrition during this period. It can also lead to negligence of duty, also several errors made which can affect the project in the long run.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
In recent years, labour abuse has become a major concern among all construction companies. This is mainly due to the fact that there are numerous labourers who are forced to work under inhuman conditions and this leads to their maltreatment.

There are many instances of labour abuse in the construction industry. These include working long hours without rest, not being paid for days off, not receiving proper safety equipment, being forced to work non-stop without a break and being denied overtime or extra pay if they work more than eight hours per day or sixty hours per week. Some of these abuses have been reported by government agencies such as the Department of Labour, Health & Safety Commission and even by unions representing labourers themselves but these cases are still rampant in other industries as well especially during peak times when employers want their workers available for projects at all times

niche

Verified member
In metro cities most laborers are paid for the work they do at the end of the day, otherwise they will work for others. In contrast in some countries, paypal account holders are victims of government banking fraud, with well paid government employees, falsely claiming to own the paypal, bank account of private citizens who are cheated, exploited, to get monthly government salaries without doing any kind of computer work at all. So construction workers are better off than paypal account holders.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Labourers sometimes In the construction's firms are being abused by their employers which could be about low payment, delayed payment or overload of work. Yes, this always bring about or lead to serious consequences down the line for the employees. Some of them undergo death or injury when these abuses are meted out.

To reduce this abuse employers should avoid making labourersto work overtime without being paid extra money for it. They should always be paid on time and the right amount paid as well.

niche

Verified member
Government agencies will help the laborer if they are mistreated or not paid and the mainstream media will cover the news. In contrast in a major work at home fraud, labor law violation, government agencies are robbing the data of older single online workers and falsely claiming that lazy greedy young people, housewives who do not spend time, are doing the computer work, to give them great powers, and in some cases monthly government salary. This slavery of some online workers has continued for more than 14 years, with top tech, internet companies allegedly supporting it while the real online worker is criminally defamed.

Etini

Valued Contributor
If there are some people that I can't mistake to treat unfairly, it is manual labourers. These people exert extreme physical efforts to offer services and should be treated with a little bit of courtesy.

I actually love what the labourers in my country are doing. They have stopped working for a fixed amount. You pay them in line with how much effort they put I your production process. If they dig five feets, you pay them for five feets. No case of having to work extra time without pay with that kind of arrangement.

I have had to work as a labourer before and I advocate for them to be treated with dignity.