How to Make Money On Pinterest For Free

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are not using Pinterest, you should immediately start using Pinterest because it is growing massively. In 2016, Pinterest had 160 million users, in 2021, it grew to 478 million. If you are already using Pinterest for content promotion, you should also use the platform to make money because of its growing user base. The method I am going to share here does not require you to have your own product.

Affiliate Marketing: You can start sharing affiliate links on Pinterest and make money from affiliate sales. However, make sure to create a Made for Pinterest image for your affiliate product.

Print-On-Demand: You can also share your links to print-on-demand products and drive sales. Instead of a product image, you can create infographics surrounding your image.

Pinterest has a huge conversion rate, depending on the niche, Pinterest has a conversion rate of 1.5-8.5 percent. Therefore, it is easy to sell via Pinterest.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I use Pinterest for marketing. On Pinterest, I promote my blog posts, youtube videos, affiliate products, print on demand products, digital products, freelancing services, and products I have listed on various online marketplaces. I am using Pinterest to make money directly as well as indirectly. I use Pinterest not only to promote my blog post with a lot of affiliate links but also share affiliate products directly. I generate sales using Pinterest. The key to generate sales through Pinterest is to create high quality Pins. High quality Pins means high quality images and the images providing a lot of information. For instance, if you are selling weight loss product, you can create an infographics sharing weight loss tips for your Pin and the linking the pin with your affiliate or your own products. Pinterest is a platform where people look for ideas, therefore, you need to share ideas that people find useful and interesting. Pinterest is also a platform that people visit to curate content (when you pin content, they show on your dashboard). Therefore, focus should be on sharing evergreen content, evergreen content is the content that people find interesting today and will continue to find it useful tomorrow. Pinterest is a good marketing platform.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Pinterest is probably one of the best platforms anyone can use to promote his or her product and probably drive sales. If you are into affiliate marketing it is important to consider using Pinterest because it is one of the most effective ways of promoting a product and driving a lot of sales.

The truth is that there are a lot of people on Pinterest everyday checking updates and if they can be able to see what you are promoting and it interest them then there is a tendency that they will probably purchase it. The first thing you need to do if you want to make money on Pinterest is to choose a niche.

Choosing a niche is very important when it comes to marketing products on Pinterest and some of the most lucrative niches are makeup and female products.

If you are into female products your chances of making money on Pinterest will be very high. I remember some time ago I was watching a video tutorial on how to promote affiliate products on Pinterest and the person said that the number of women using Pinterest is very high and that is why promoting female products will be a very good option for anyone on Pinterest.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
@Mika Your suggestion of using "made for pinterest" is an odd one, why should anyone use such for affiliate links?
If there is a system that prohibits posting links, then it may do it, because a system currently isn't developed enough to read an image, it will only caught outgoing links.

@Jasmine please divide your post in paragraphs, it seems gibberish.

@Chibson , just because you watched a video doesn't means something related product's chance is "very high", all sales happen according to the market; for example, if your local market have less female users, then that claim will become "very heigh".

Sikapa

Verified member
I know Pinterest and I even have an account on Pinterest too. Pinterest is a good platform to make money online because it allows you to post your products as well as posting your affiliate links. Although it is a good media to advertise your business but I think is not all that easy and a person still need skills to work on Pinterest. So many people with much skills are use Pinterest to make a lot of money by dragging traffic from Pinterest to their site because Pinterest work worldwide and many international business men and women know Pinterest.

Some SEO expert use Pinterest to generate sales and I know how most people use Pinterest to pull customers to their products. Previously, I was able to use Pinterest to drag traffic to my links although these traffics were not much bit I can say they were pretty good but for now I don't use to post on Pinterest for some reasons.

One problem I used to face on Pinterest was sometimes when I post a link on Pinterest, it will reject like a spam but at the other time it will allow the link. This was so annoying to me and I was like I have to break for a while.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Your suggestion of using "made for pinterest" is an odd one, why should anyone use such for affiliate links?
Pinterest is basically a pin board. In order to use the site, you will have to pin images and share links in the description. While the image is hosted on the site, the link will take you to the connected site. Since Pinterest is a Pinboard, the main attraction of the site is the Pin you create. That is true even for the videos you share on the platform. Made for Pinterest refers to the images that are specifically designed for Pinterest, these images are high quality, contain information, a sales pitch, a product or service copy, etc. You can't get traction on Pinterest just by pinning an image, you need to create specific images to encourage users to click the link. Even when you are sharing a blog link that can load the feature image as your pinned image, you are required to design an image specifically for this pin. When I say you are required, I don't mean that it is a mandatory rule, what I mean is that's how the Pinterest platform works. It is different from Instagram even though both platforms emphasize photo sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:

cmoneyspinner

I admire the success of Pinterest. That platform grew rapidly right from the start. Within practically their first year of operation, Facebook and other social media giants were like “WHOA! WHAT?? Who are they?”' LOL. I love it when the new kid on the block dishes up some serious competition. Boo yeah! LOL.

Anyway! Pinterest has been good to me. They let me create business account at no charge. I am allowed to share affiliate links and they don't get marked as spam. They let you verity your account, so it makes you look even more LEGIT.

But here is something you need to know. Pinterest Group Boards are fantastic! However, when you create a group board, make sure you re the only one who can add pinners to your board and check your board every now and then for spammers.

I made the mistake of adding a person to my group board. I did not realize that when you add a person, they can add others. By default they were given permission. So make sure that you don't give other user PERMISSION to do that. WHY?

Because I added one user and they added several others and together they spammed my board!

First I had to block all of them and then I had to go through my group board and DELETE ALL OF THOSE CRAPPY PINS!!

I was so pissed. But I learned a valuable lesson. So I'm telling y'all so you don't have to go through that experience.