How to get financial education?

Chris Looey

Hi guys?

As a student, I would like to know how to spend money wisely and how to have a financial education?

Any resources or advice?

Thanks

Mika

VIP Contributor
In order to be financially educated, you need knowledge of finance and investment. You can acquire knowledge on finance and investment only when you go to college and get a degree. Without knowledge, you have no hope to be financially educated. However, there are basic rules that you can try implementing, for instance, you can try spending less, earning more, saving more, and start investing early on.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I will recommend you go and get a book called rich Dad poor Dad by Robert kiyosaki. It is one of the best personal finance book you can ever lay Your hands On.

The book will open your eyes to various things about money. The book will demystify the difference between liability and asset.

You are going to understand the full concept of cash flow and how you can maintain positive cash flow for yourself and your business.

You can also get all the titles from the same author like cashflow quadrant. Another book I can recommend for you is richest man in Babylon.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
There are quite different ways to get such education and one of them is buy reading ebooks that talks about finance, you can also make use of the idea of going to seminars that will teach you about it, there are some of them that holds for few days, and from their, you can gain some things that will be beneficial to you, you can also make researches online with the help of search engines you know, and you can also watch some tutorial videos on YouTube to put you through on how to go about it, there are other ways too but these are the ones I can think of, right now.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Acquiring financial education is good, not only in running a business but for your personal use and other uses aswel. One of the best places to learn about financial literacy is in the four walls of a higher institution, and you must also try as much as possible to get content from online materials. They can be very helpful and sometimes you may even get more relevant materials online and practical examples.

The resources you will get from the online material in some cases can be more self explanatory than attending higher institution if you don't have enough more to attend a higher institution of learning.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
To my knowledge, I think one can get all the financial education you need from the internet and some other platforms, all it that is needed is to dedicate your time for it because it will eventually make you learn some things which will demand your full attention and time to achieve it, I think google would be a great help and you can also make use of Reddit, I am sure you see some references that will be of help to you, you can also use YouTube as well because of the fact that any tutorial you come across on there will surely be made in video which will make you understand more