How long did it take you to become profitable at Forex trading?

jenmyers58

The length of time it takes to become a profitable Forex traders varies from person to person. Back in the early days it was difficult learning the craft because there were not very many people willing to share their knowledge. You pretty much had to learn by trial an error.

Now days there is no shortage of Forex training programs that can get you up and running in a relatively short time. The bottom line with learning to trade is how serious are you about learning and can you treat it as a profession and not as a hobby. Not taking it seriously is where most people make their mistake and lose their money.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Even though I may not have the interest to engage in forex now but I have been able to expose myself to some sort of little training on forex and it was left for me to decide if I was to go into the advance technical analysis and fundamental analysis. .

There were so many reasons why I was not taking the advance technical class. The first reason was that I was asked to pay $100 which at that time I didn't have and the second reason was because I was not particularly interested in forex during that period of time but was more concerned on how to learn about cryptocurrency trading..

According to the information posted by the forex expert , The time required for everyone to learn about forex was 2 months but some people could delay it depending on the time you have to invest in this and also the seriousness of the student.

Asahi

Verified member
We analyze the market to guess the trend whether it is uptrend or downtrend based on which we take trading decision.

Dita Walczak

Verified member
Theoretical knowledge is of no value in Forex, so look forward to practical knowledge, which is badly essential. To practically learn the market, a trader should use demo account.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
The profitability of forex trading is based on the time taken to complete a trade. If you are making small trades and can hold them for long periods, then your profit will be higher. However, if you are trading large amounts of money or holding positions for very short periods, then you will lose money in the long run.

The main reason for this is that there are many factors that affect how profitable a forex trade is and these include:

Time – How long does it take for a forex trade to complete? This will depend on whether you are trading with a broker or at an exchange

Margin requirements – The amount of money you have to deposit when making a forex trade. The more margin required, the higher your risk profile will be

Position size – How much money do you want to risk on one single position? Larger positions are more risky than smaller ones

Market volatility – How volatile is the market you are trading in? If it moves too far away from its mean value, then your profit will be less than if it was more predictable

Volatility index – A volatility index measures how volatile an asset’s price is over time and can be used as an indicator of future price movements.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
Select such a trading broker that offers you a trading platform free of all technical errors like slippage, dealing desk. An unreliable Forex trading platform makes a trader suffer in the long run. Try to pick up an ECN broker because this type of brokers allows traders with smart bridge technology. Eurotrader is such a broker.