Do i need a business plan to succeed Online?

D

Deleted member 13140

This is actually a serious question. Because for the past week or more I have been really really confused, based on what to do.

I feel like I have alot of things to do and I am not organised enough.
So I decided to create a plan since I saw somewhere that business with a business plan have higher chance of success that business without.
I don't really know about this theory but right now I feel like it's really something to look into.
Creating goals and missions, and long term or short term goals and all that.

Is it really necessary, is there anyone here with a business plan?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Well, what I can tell you is that in some cases, you can succeed without a business plan. But if you're looking for long-term success, it's necessary.

All startups need to have a business plan—or at least some kind of written document that outlines their plans and goals. While not every startup will follow their plan exactly as they wrote it, this initial planning is essential for long-term success. Without it, you could end up changing your goals and direction too often and too quickly, which can be fatal. Without a plan, it's also harder to gauge your progress and success.

So what makes up a good business plan? A good business plan will cover all of the important aspects of your business: its current state, the market you're in or trying to enter, your competitors, how you'll compete against them and stand out on the market, what resources are needed to make this happen (and where they'll come from), and more. A good business plan will also help guide your future planning by giving you an idea of what kinds of things would work well for your company, as well as which ones don't work so well. This way you'll know how to strategize properly.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If you have an online business you actually need a business plan to succeed on it because you cannot just start a business randomly and expect yourself to be successful. If you have a business like a blog then you actually need a plan in order to to make it successful.

You can set your plan that you will be making 3 reasonable posts on weekly basis and of course if you can follow it very well you will probably be making a lot of money from it. Online business is actually not very easy but with proper discipline you will definitely get there.

Someone who mentored me on different online businesses on time ago said that if you want to make money online you actually need to discipline yourself more than anybody else because you can actually sit at the place for over 15 hours doing some online jobs. If you are a freelancer for example you need a plan in order to succeed because there are times when laziness will set in.

Sometimes the convenience online businesses gives people makes them to feel lazy but with proper business plan and discipline you will probably succeed in the long run.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
There is absolutely no way to sugarcoat the truth , if your business lacks the absence of a good business plan , then such business is more likely to be at the brim of failure and bankruptcy . there is absolutely no business that have aspired today or have reached greater heights today without the need of a good and proper business plan . an individual call an entrepreneur seeking to start a new business must make sure to create a good and positive business plan if he or she have the intention and vision for his or her business that is to be established to be successful .

You as the business manager or the business owner and must also have the requisite authority to come up with a good business plan . That is why it is always advice for a business owner or a business manager to be creative and to be able to use his mental capacity and faculties to to quickly analyse business decisions and choices so as to make the right decisions and choices that will have a long-lasting positve effect on the business possibly in areas of making profit and business income .

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The business plan is definitely a very important thing that all business owners must consider as important. I do not agree with you notion that a business could succeed without a business plan. I may agree that a business without plans May succeed with luck. Aside this every business needs a clearly spelled plans.

A variety of factors might contribute to a company's inability to make profit. Every business owner's goal is to assure the company's success. The most common cause of business failure is when the company is not profitable. Profits are a standard by which a business' success rate is measured, and this is one of the reasons why a profitable firm might be considered a a success investment. As a result, if a business is to be considered successful, it is critical to ensure that you make some profits and this could be achieved by a Well defined business plan

Improper business plan could be the leading reason of business failure. When the company's business plan aren't very good, the business is deemed to fail in the future. The business Plan is a very important aspect of the business and it most be taken very seriously by a business owner who wants to succeed.

Ajebo25

Verified member
I think you're not the only one having this problem I also have similar problem too I think I have much to do that. I don't concentrate but what I usually do is that you need self discipline you need to take control over you mind and be able to say no when ever you wish to stop working you have too keep moving forward there are things which you need to do to stop it.

You need a plan to schedule what ever you do and as I have said you need self discipline which will make you to keep working even though you wish to stop you need to concentrate on what you're doing although I understand that you Ned rest sometimes but what yih just need to do is schedule everything ahead before you do them so as soon as you finish resting you will continue from where you stopped if yiy take to my advise I say you will become more organized just take away all distractions and focus on what you want to do at that moment and you eil achieve it another thin is that don't pile up your work so it won't be a burden when the time comes to sort it out

Propa

Well it depends on what you do online though because as a freelancer with HYVE I didn't need to develop any business plan before I started getting my freelance gigs on HYVE...

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Yes, it is important to have a business plan even for online work. Just because you don't have to choose a location for online work does not mean that you don't need to plan how to do it. Planning online work or business will increase your chances of success.

This is because planning will first enable you to choose something that you like and have the knowledge and skills on how to do it. If you don't but are passionate about it, you may take some time to learn and perfect your skills before you start earning. But without skills, you will be doing nothing.

Planning also makes you specify exactly what goals and objectives you want from the business. Right from the amount you want to earn and the experience and skills you want to learn. That enables you to choose activities that you will be doing daily in your online work. That way, you don't waste your time doing unnecessary things.

Having a plan has a great way of making you more self disciplined. Have you ever realized that most of your procrastination is not actually laziness but lack of certainty on what you should be doing? A plan takes away that and makes it easier fkr you to self regulate and do the tasks that need to be done.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is no business that can survive without planning. Before a man even set up a business, there is need to plan on how to run the business. An axiom will say, when we fail to plan then we plan to fail. That's to the extent that business planning is essential.

It will help you to know how the business will be run. What to sell and even now to handle the competition. The type of employees to be employ and even the management style to adopt for effective running of the business. S business that doesn't state clearly all these may be soon wiped off.

Does business work according to plan most time? The sndwr is purely no. Not everytime that business works based on how we wish. There are sometimes when what we wish for won't even happen. What we need to do then is to make sure that we sit down and find the reasons why the plans may not be working as we planned.

Then after the discovery, we should try to change the style that we were used to. We may even seek the help of some professional to figure out the next step for us.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I don't really know about online business , but I believe in every business you are doing , you really need to plan how it should be done. If you do not plan it you may not likely be able to follow up your plan accordingly . At least you must have something you have to follow.

Online business is quite different in the sense that you may not have to plan about the location, the demands of the people or so many other complicated things but here I believe you can only be able to plan about the type of online business that will only be lucrative for you that all . If this was an offline business you would also planned about how you will be able to get a shop in the suitable location about your business..

But this one , is just for you to just learn the type of online business you are interested to do and after you have learnt and understand it , you can start monetizing it without any problem.

I believe you can choose to have and you can choose not to have as long as you are discipline in your online journey.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
It is 100% true that you definitely need a business plan to succeed in business a business plan is likened to an anchor used in anchoring a boat . Now what this anchor does is to keep the boat in one motion so that we can not blow the boat possibly into the middle of the sea . Same is also apply to what a business planning is like . With a proper an accurate business plan a particular business would maintain its motion and will not be able to deviate from what it is goals and objectives . The business plan actually contains the goals and objectives of the business it also contains how a particular business should react and behave when facing a particular business problem or trials .

Some business problems and trials are totally ineffective and for a business to be able to achieve and handle business trials in the proper and right way it totally needs a business plan to guide it in the right and proper direction . The business owner must endeavour to write his business plan by himself he shouldn't entrust it to any other individual . The business plan should be mastered by the business owner so that it could be strictly adhered to and not deviated in one way or the other .

Kendy

Verified member
A business plan is not the yardstick to decide your success or failure in a particular business venture and it is not mandatory but for me, it is very important. As humans, we might tend to forget some things but with the help of a business plan, it would keep some record which would be used as a reference point for an entrepreneur. Actually, the benefit of a business plan cannot be under-emphasized, this is because, it serves a guide to the business owner, where he could get back to in order to draw a reference point. In other words, a business plan is like a tracker which keeps the records and ensures that the business is going in line with the vision and seeks to amend some ways that have not been rewarding to both the customers and business owner.

With a business plan, you would be able to track your record to ensure whether it is positive or negative and proffer solutions as well. During the covid-19 pandemic, those who has no business plan were left in a state of dilemma and those who has a business plan yet failed to input a backup plan in case of unforeseen situations were also left in a state of confusion. If a business plan is faulty, it is as good as not having one.