Benefits of starting a business only when you are ready to run it

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I see a lot of people start a business and then immediately employ another to run it. . I'm saying it is not good to hire people to help run the business. I'm referring to people that just open a business and leaves it in the hands of another for whatever reason. At this instance you would have derail the purpose of the business. Because first and foremost it is no longer the idea of your business but someone else.

They are a lot of benefits you would gain if you start and run your business independently for a long while.

You would be able to implement your goals for the business

The little funds you used to start the business would be easily multiplied by you

You would know first hand what isn't working with the business to correct it immediately. You don't need to wait for any consultation

You would know what the business customers really want and you would tune it to meet their expectations almost immediately.

The bottom line is that the business would grow rapidly, when run by you the owner.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Sometimes , most of these things are risks that must be taken by certain people because there are some situations that will demand you to start up a business even when you are not ready to run the business. There are some people who are employed by a business organisation and maybe their salary is not enough and the best way to be able to have the best source of income is to establish another business. So I don't see anything wrong with this if they establish a business and employing people in , for as long as the person is trusted the business can progressed...

That does not really mean that you should not be monitoring your business . As a business owner it is your responsibility to monitor the business you have established and correct any errors that could possibly leads to business failure or problems in the future . .

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah I agree with you but you can't compare the statistics of such businesses that have succeeded with the numbers that have failed. The saying that what we want to be done well should be done by the individual is no joke because you would do it to the best of your ability as you wouldn't want to fail at it. But you can't trust an employer with such responsibility.

A lot of persons I have know have tried starting a business this way, working and trying to run a business this way employing someone else to run their business but it never really work out this way. It might show at the beginning that it might work but it takes a whole lot of monitoring as you have stated in your write up for the business to stand the test of time. So for me I prefer one running a business when they are ready.