5 Tips for Making Money as a Stay-at-Home Mom.

OfficielYAZ

It’s no secret that being a stay-at-home mom is not financially lucrative. But the importance of the work you do as a stay-at-home mom can’t be understated. You’re raising and nurturing your kids and keeping the house running smoothly. It may not be easy, but it doesn't have to be difficult either. Here are some tips for making money as a stay-at-home mom, so you can continue to do what you need to do at home.

Sell old clothes or buy new clothes for your kids

You’ve been at home all day, so you have plenty of time to do some shopping. Why not sell the clothes your kids have outgrown for a little extra cash? You could also buy new clothes for your kids with that money, and then sell the old ones when they grow out of them.

Become an online teacher

One way to make money as a stay-at-home mom is to teach online. There are many platforms that provide an opportunity for you to reach students online. Consider sites like WizIQ, Udemy and Skillshare. This is a great option if your kids are old enough and can be self-sufficient while you teach online. It also works well if you want to do some freelancing while the kids are in school or daycare. You can choose how long and how often you want to teach on your schedule. As an added bonus, it’s easy for these types of teaching gigs to be done from anywhere with an internet connection, so they can easily fit into your lifestyle as a stay-at-home mom.

Start a blog and monetize

One great way to make money as a stay-at-home mom is by starting a blog and monetizing it. One of the easiest ways to start a blog is through Blogger.com, which is Google’s free blogging platform. You can create your own website or blog with a domain name and hosting service, but it will cost you around $5 for the domain name and $5 per month for hosting. Once you have your site up and running, you can monetize it with Google Adsense, which allows you to display ads on your site from relevant companies. You won’t make much from the ads at first, but they will provide enough of an income to cover the basic costs of maintaining your site or blog.

Ask for money

Sometimes it feels awkward to ask for money, but you can't afford to be shy. If you want to help out financially, your partner should be the one pitching in. So, if your partner is relying too heavily on your income and you're feeling put upon, why not request some money instead? It doesn't have to be an arm and a leg; give him a time limit of two weeks or one month.

If your partner still refuses to pitch in more money, then that's when it's time to consider other options. For example, if you're really uncomfortable with the idea of working outside the home for another reason (say because of childcare), then maybe part-time work is the answer. You could also work from home on a freelance project or find a side hustle--just make sure it's something you enjoy!

Become a virtual assistant.

It’s a common misconception that stay-at-home moms don’t do anything all day. If you find yourself with free time on your hands, there are plenty of ways to make money at home. One way to start making money is by becoming a virtual assistant. As a virtual assistant, you can work from the comfort of your own home and help people with their administrative tasks. You can offer your services to businesses in need of assistance with things like online marketing, bookkeeping, and social media management.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Internet gives everyone an opportunity to make money online. you can choose any business model of choice and start making money with it once you have done the right things.

It is possible to make money online as a teacher. I have some people around me who are making money online teaching people English language. There is a particular website which gives the opportunity to have direct discussion with your students online.

I got to know about this when I want to set up a seller account on one of the freelance marketplaces. I saw that people are rendering service on different subjects in the colleges. I saw that a person in particular is rendering service on physics.

Thh seller stated in his gig that he can handle any physics assignment. I checked his page profile and I discovered that he had five star and has helped over 200 people on the platform with their physics assignments.

Likewise I saw all the people who are rendering service in other subjects like chemistry mathematics further maths geography etc.

I like the concept of virtual assistant as it can be done by anyone. Becoming a virtual assistant will be good for you if you don't have any skills to make money online.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Gone are the days when sit at home mums cannot really bring money to their homes because the Internet has really opened a lot of opportunities to a whole lot of people. There are a lot of things in which sit at home mums can venture into and make money for themselves sitting at the comfort of your homes. One thing they must understand is that these things does not come just for free because you need to dedicate a lot of time and your resources in order to learn the necessary things required of you. the number one business I would recommend for a sit at home mum is affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is so good in the sense that you do not need your own product in order to make money but you just sell other people's products and get your commission. Sometimes this can be very complicated and hard especially for newbies but with the right guidance and course you can definitely get through. freelancing is another good venture that anyone can make money on without invest in any money. All you need to invest is your time to learn the necessary things and boom, you're on your way to making a whole lot of money.

Suba

Staff member
Currently, NFT (non-fungible tokens) are booming all over the world, many people make attractive and expensive NFTs, so that they become rich suddenly, so there is nothing wrong if we try to keep up with technological developments, so we don't stick to the old model of making money online. or from home.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I think we need to talk about more on the principles that guide making money online from home rather than keeping on writing ways of making money on every thread. This is necessary because almost everybody has known 5hst money can be made.from the internet, yet there are more than many that has never made money from the internet. Why?

The reason is people think they can just wake up and start making money online. This is hell no. There is need for proper research on any platforms that we many want to venture into. This research will guide us through on how to make money online.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor

It’s no secret that being a stay-at-home mom is not financially lucrative. But the importance of the work you do as a stay-at-home mom can’t be understated. You’re raising and nurturing your kids and keeping the house running smoothly. It may not be easy, but it doesn't have to be difficult either. Here are some tips for making money as a stay-at-home mom, so you can continue to do what you need to do at home.

Sell old clothes or buy new clothes for your kids

You’ve been at home all day, so you have plenty of time to do some shopping. Why not sell the clothes your kids have outgrown for a little extra cash? You could also buy new clothes for your kids with that money, and then sell the old ones when they grow out of them.

Become an online teacher

One way to make money as a stay-at-home mom is to teach online. There are many platforms that provide an opportunity for you to reach students online. Consider sites like WizIQ, Udemy and Skillshare. This is a great option if your kids are old enough and can be self-sufficient while you teach online. It also works well if you want to do some freelancing while the kids are in school or daycare. You can choose how long and how often you want to teach on your schedule. As an added bonus, it’s easy for these types of teaching gigs to be done from anywhere with an internet connection, so they can easily fit into your lifestyle as a stay-at-home mom.

Start a blog and monetize

One great way to make money as a stay-at-home mom is by starting a blog and monetizing it. One of the easiest ways to start a blog is through Blogger.com, which is Google’s free blogging platform. You can create your own website or blog with a domain name and hosting service, but it will cost you around $5 for the domain name and $5 per month for hosting. Once you have your site up and running, you can monetize it with Google Adsense, which allows you to display ads on your site from relevant companies. You won’t make much from the ads at first, but they will provide enough of an income to cover the basic costs of maintaining your site or blog.

Ask for money

Sometimes it feels awkward to ask for money, but you can't afford to be shy. If you want to help out financially, your partner should be the one pitching in. So, if your partner is relying too heavily on your income and you're feeling put upon, why not request some money instead? It doesn't have to be an arm and a leg; give him a time limit of two weeks or one month.

If your partner still refuses to pitch in more money, then that's when it's time to consider other options. For example, if you're really uncomfortable with the idea of working outside the home for another reason (say because of childcare), then maybe part-time work is the answer. You could also work from home on a freelance project or find a side hustle--just make sure it's something you enjoy!

Become a virtual assistant.

It’s a common misconception that stay-at-home moms don’t do anything all day. If you find yourself with free time on your hands, there are plenty of ways to make money at home. One way to start making money is by becoming a virtual assistant. As a virtual assistant, you can work from the comfort of your own home and help people with their administrative tasks. You can offer your services to businesses in need of assistance with things like online marketing, bookkeeping, and social media management.
This is indeed well articulated, But the challenge there is no road map as to how this can be achieved. As beautiful as they may seem to appear on a black and white , the reality is there are not an easy fit either. Somany people have been going around with a misconception that working from home or working online generally is easy but I stand to be corrected. I strongly disagree. There is nothing easy about working online as you may even be on the system while other offline workers and sleeping on their beds. Sometimes the online worker sacrifices his or her bed at night to work and gather some few cents. All or the items you listed also requires some level of training else one may not likely succeed in them. Even after undergoing a proper training, your time and financial input is still very much needed.

Some saw me working here on Trendri and thought I was finding it very easy, hence i decide to refer the fellow to join us here and ever since then the guy has not been able to complete the required post that will qualify him as a member. He has now realize that this place is not for dullards or lazy people.

Caramelle

I've read about success stories of single moms venturing into online selling with small capital. Some moms became successful sellers of beauty products by being creative in their marketing and promotional programs and by capitalizing on their own interests in such products. A simple business that one can try at home is the rag-making business. Such business will require a simple machine which can be a manual or classic model. A second-hand sewing machine can be bought at a much cheaper price. Scrap clothes can be bought wholesale from clothing factories. Rag sewing only requires basic sewing skills that can be learned easily on your own. Rag makers can sell their products to factories that need them or to stores and mobile vendors for reselling. With the sewing machine on hand, one can also start learning how to sew reusable bags which mostly use straight stitches.​

SANIA

Stay-at-home moms can really make money using the power of the internet nowadays.
If that lady is good at cooking, she can start a youtube channel. Blogging is also a good option. Cooking recipes also sell well. I know many stay-at-home moms who also make money while selling different products. such as cosmetics, clothes, and other beauty products. Affiliate marketing is also a good source of income. Ladies can write reviews related to these products and sell them effectively.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Just recently a woman message me on WhatsApp , after she has introduced herself I came to find out that she was referred by one of the person I know online. The reason why she was so interested to connect with me was for me to take the responsibility of writing content for her website. According to what she told me , she is married woman with children and that she doesn't really have time to post as she used to because she has given birth to a child.

Unfortunately I was not able to take the responsibility of writing content for her website based on certain circumstances that is beyond my own control . The point I am trying to raise here is that anyone can engage in blogging and still make a lot of money without any problem. It is a profitable earning niche . I was so excited that she dedicated her time to do it.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
There are several ways to make money as a stay at home mum:

Online tutoring or teaching: Offer your expertise in a particular subject to students online and charge a fee for your services.

Freelance writing, editing, or proofreading: Use your writing skills to create content for websites, blogs, and online publications, and charge a fee for your services.

Online surveys and research studies: Participate in online surveys and research studies, and get paid for your time and opinions.

Virtual assistance: Offer administrative, technical, or creative services to businesses or individuals in need of help with tasks such as scheduling, data entry, or social media management.

Graphic design or web development: Use your design or web development skills to create logos, websites, or other digital assets for businesses and charge a fee for your services.

Online selling: Sell products online, like handmade crafts, vintage clothes, or digital products like e-books, courses, or stock photos.

Affiliate marketing: Promote products or services on your website or social media and earn a commission for each sale made through your unique referral link.

Online tutoring for language learners: If you are fluent in a second language, you can offer your skills to language learners and get paid for your time.

Online coaching or consulting: Use your skills, knowledge, or experience to help others achieve their goals, and charge a fee for your services.

Pet-sitting or dog-walking: Offer to take care of pets or walk dogs for people in your area, and charge a fee for your services.

Remember that starting a home-based business requires a lot of planning, preparation, and hard work. You will need to invest in marketing, technology, and other expenses. However, by providing a high-quality service, building a strong reputation and creating a loyal customer base, you can build a successful and profitable business.

Paul Frando

For some time now, I've been observing a trend of recommending setting up your own blogs and monetizing them, but unfortunately they lack specifics. Don't you think that the blog market is already terribly oversaturated and it's hard to break through on phrases with any traffic?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The stay at home moms can also make money online. They just need to check out some jobs and pick up the ones they can do

As good cooks, they can start a youtube channel. Blogging is also a good option. They can also sell different products. such as cosmetics, clothes, and other beauty products online.

They can go into Affiliate marketing Do Online surveys and research studies: Participate in online surveys and research studies, and get paid for their time and opinions. stay at home moms can be Virtual assistance which means them to offer administrative, technical, or creative services to businesses or individuals to make money