3 Red Flags Women Should Look Out For When Job Hunting

Yusra3

Banned
There are a lot of things to be aware of when you're job hunting, but one of the biggest things you need to watch out for is being taken advantage of by a potential employer.

That's why i compiled a list of three red flags that can help you avoid being taken advantage of.

1. Don't be afraid to ask questions

It's crucial to ask plenty of questions in a relaxed manner. And if there's anyone on your interview team who doesn't have answers, or if they seem reluctant to answer, it's time to move on.

2. Don't let yourself be

If someone is intimidating you or making you uncomfortable during an interview, chances are they don't have your best interests at heart. It may be best for you not to work with them anyway or at least not until after you've found someone who makes you feel comfortable and safe.

3. Ask about pay rates upfront

Pay is another important thing to discuss during an interview, so make sure that it's something that comes up during the process! If there aren't good options for what kind of salary range your job will fall into or if it's not clear at all. then it might be best just not take the job.

Axis

Banned
Your points are clear and precise we may need to look out for those flags when job hunting. Asking of questions can be like a disturbance is two other people so it is vital for you to minimise the way in which you ask questions when going out for job hunting if you find that there is no answer you need to move on as you are written above or are they just going around asking questions it is not right. I know so when you feel that you are uncomfortable with the job is go to walk away because it is better to have peace of mind that being ridiculed or sometimes harassed in your work. Sometime I seem to be harassing you you should always take very serious action before it is too late. One action is by walking away running falling for the tactics the employer is using. And as we have written on the paper and asking about before this very important because this will determine your motivation in the job so we should always act it before time before it's too late

Rubz

These are definitely some of the most important red flags to look out for when job hunting. You definitely have to ask a lot of questions about the job, like time of resumption to office, working hours, detailed information about your job description like the exact job you would be doing.
You also have to ask about the pay (very important). If there are bonuses, when exactly they pay (is it at the beginning or end of the month). How much exactly you would be receiving, to avoid being paid less. Everything should be settled during the interview, their terms and condituons should be clearly stated out and one should speak out if it one have any problem with it.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
If you're looking for a job, you have to be careful. There are red flags that should be looked out for when you interview for a new position.

If you're hired by a company, then you're going to work there for at least a year. If the company hires more people than it needs, then the employees do not really need to be working for that long. Therefore, if a company has hired too many employees and cannot find enough jobs for them, then it is likely that the employees will get laid off immediately or very soon after they start working there.

If the company hires too many people, then this means that they are probably not paying them enough money or even none at all. They probably also do not give their workers any benefits like health insurance or vacation time. If this is true and one of your co-workers tells you about it, then do not stay with that company any longer than necessary as this could seriously affect your ability to get another job in the future as well as your financial situation.

Etini

Valued Contributor
In my country, interviews have become platforms where business owners and managers blatantly request sex from potential employees in exchange for a job in the organization. Sometimes, I sit and wonder how we took the journey till we got to where we are today. It is so pathetic. And some ladies oblige too. I keep screaming that if you use sex to secure a job, you would use a greater amount of sex to keep the job. I thank God for some ladies who have turned down these randy men.

If an interviewer is looking at you in an offensive way during a job interview, that is a sure red flag. Like the original poster already stated, be very observant and inquisitive so you don't get yourself into situations that would end up being a trap for you. We need to work to eke out a living but we don't have to be desperate about it.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
As a lady I agree with your points on the three red flags to look out for when job hunting If someone is intimidating making you uncomfortable during an interview they don't have your best interests at heart. This is so true because I have experience this once and I knew the guy didn't just like my face if possible it good to avoid such a person

I think the issue or Pay concerns everyone we are here to make money so the issue of money is very important thing and need to hr discuss during an interview so that everyone be on the same page.