Do you think giving out leaflets/flyers on the street is still effective?

m_cel

Whenever I'm walking on the street there's someone who will give out leaflets/flyers to promote their products even in hiring an employee they will advertise it on leaflets/flyers. I wonder how much the budget for it because not all people are interested to read it. Sometimes I didn't take their flyers because I know I'm just gonna throw it in the trash can so it's much better not to take it and give it to someone else who's interested so their leaflets/flyers wouldn't be wasted.

We're facing new technology today that everything can advertise on the internet and social media platforms, do you think that giving out leaflets/flyers on the street is still effective?

Jhinn Carla

Well honestly I don't think it is still effective. First reason is that as technology advances people don't seem to be interested reading things on paper anymore. Also, we can save up trees and nature by limiting the use of paper. Another reason is that, as scams and fraudulent activities are very rampant nowadays, personally I won't trust what I read on that piece of paper I got from the street. And one more reason I don't really like keeping those flyers with me as it tends to become trash kept in bags which I do not like.

lucycarter

Whenever I'm walking on the street there's someone who will give out leaflets/flyers to promote their products even in hiring an employee they will advertise it on leaflets/flyers. I wonder how much the budget for it because not all people are interested to read it. Sometimes I didn't take their flyers because I know I'm just gonna throw it in the trash can so it's much better not to take it and give it to someone else who's interested so their leaflets/flyers wouldn't be wasted.

We're facing new technology today that everything can advertise on the internet and social media platforms, do you think that giving out leaflets/flyers on the street is still effective?

Hello m_cel,

Flyers or leaflets are still very much popular among small and new business that are targeting over local people. As far as large companies are concerned or business that want to target over much bigger area, they generally prefer using online marketing or other offline marketing techniques like newspaper advertising, tv advertisement or promotional product in trade shows or events to advertise their business.