What insurance plans do you recommend for freelancers?

danalana

If you are a self-employed freelancer, what is the best and cost-efficient insurance plan for you? Which websites should you go to in order to find more research and knowledge on such a subject? Is insurance an important component of freelancing, and why? Is it better to do freelancing as a part-time job or hobby, and find a primary job at a company which offers insurance? A

HazelTing

I got my insurance through joining one of the cooperatives in our country. The cost of the insurance is not high but it is reasonable to enjoy the benefits. The requirements are not difficult to secure. I pay for it yearly. This is really good for the freelancer who does not earn a fixed income monthly. This kind of insurance is offered only to those who are a member of the cooperative.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Well I think I will recommend a content insurance for them because it covers most of their activities online. For example, a freelancer that sells ebook online could get one just incase his or her ebook content causes some issues with the buyer. It happens to bounce back to the author, being sued or something like that, the insurer will surely get involved to help the client

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The first commentator has spoken so well. You need content instance policy that will protect your material even from stolen. And anything that happenes to your books will be covered by this insurance policy. Though I don't see people gong this far as freelancers. But authors can go this far to insure their works.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
I think the best I can recommend for any freelancer is a short term life insurance. By this type you can keep paying your premiums till after you are retired. It will just be like you are saving up for your future, I mean after retirement. It is a very good idea