What should I do on my first day at work?

Heart

Be yourself! :) you wouldn't want to be judge trying hard portraying a person that is not you. Being yourself and blending with your co-workers will make a great environment in your workplace. Never try too hard to be friendly because it will only look unnatural.

via_1226

Hello. Your first day of work is very important since that will create an impressions from your boss and even workmates. First thing, be punctual. That will speak a lot about you if you come on time. Also, maybe what you can do is just to stay calm. Be positive that all is going to turn out well. Try to be friendly if you can so that people will see you as a good person to work with. With your boss maybe you can show him how interested you are to start and learn more about your job. You can be very honest in asking or clarifying things that are not so clear to you or even in doing things you are not so sure of. Remember, always ask when in doubt. That would be better rather than pretending that you can do it when in fact you are not sure how to do it. That would be more dangerous. Finally, consider your first day at work as a new day that you can be productive as a professional and be eager to look forward to days to come. Good luck!

macfais

Guys what are few things i should do on my first day at work? should i great everyone that comes to my way and be the nice guy or i just wait until am instructed on what to do?

On first day of your job, your co-workers will judge your personality according to your behaviour. The way you act will tell them what kind of person you are. To promote harmonious relationship with other co-workers, we tend to be more friendly. Simple greetings and smile really does matter to them. In addition, the secret to gain trust from others is respect. And yes. In short, you have to be a nice guy. On the other hand, some kind of work does not oblige you to wait for an instruction. You must be aware and familiar with the nature of your job. It is better for you to ask someone on what to do than waiting for instructions. Ask only about what to do and do not ask on how to do it. Always remember that they hired you because they need your inputs. They did not hired you to train you. Hopefully, this will help you. Good luck.