Avoiding Shady Forms of Traffic

TheJason

A lot of traffic is rather dishonest. For instance, if someone is offering 10,000 visitors for 5 dollars, then I'd be skeptical. However, that seems stereotypical of companies that deliver pop-under and redirected traffic. Nonetheless, unlike what you'd think using logic, a lot of people seem to fall for these websites - simply because the price is so cheap and quality pay-per-click sites like AdWords are so high. For instance, why would someone want to pay 1 dollar a click for the web hosting niche (and that's probably on the cheap end), when they can get the same visitors for less than 0.01 USD per head? Anyway, though, I think many are wising up to these companies.

Last edited:
N

NickJ

You should always be leery of sites that over-promise in a small window of time. If you want genuine traffic to your blog or website - you'll have to go out and hunt it down yourself. Advertising on and offline, are just a few of the ways to get it done.

kgord

Many of the commercial traffic sites offer traffic, but they are generally not people who are looking for what you have to offer. For instance, if you have a site that caters to US residents with a commercial traffic exchange you might get traffic from overseas that don't have a legitimate interest in your site. I agree with the above poster. Real organic traffic from people who have been searching for a site like yours is the best way to get traffic. Use pertinent keywords to get proper traffic.