Do people really make money blogging?

Am wondering is people still make money blogging because i noticed there are lot of bloggers covering a lot of blogging categories. Instead of blogging is not better for one to try something else like webdesign?

johnmctown

Yes people do make money on blogging. One way is that you incorporate affiliate marketing with it, putting links from web stores and or putting ads in a form of carousel banners in return you get commissions from the items sold using your links.

You can browse YouTube for vlogs that shows how to make money on blogs. Be careful though about this info, always think if they are legitimate. You will earn money on line if you do it legitimately. It means you join legitimate affiliate marketing program and you join the best free blogging site.

Please do your research first before entering to be guided about the necessary steps to do to be successful. There's a lot of informative videos on YouTube please do compare their content.

Last edited by a moderator:

bembi

I guess everyone in this forum has heard of Google Adsense, right?
The main topic I wanna convey here is "How blog makes money".
Nowaday, the trend of writing blog is so popular. Is anyone here owning a blog? As for me, NO (don't care me, it's not important)
In my opinion, to BE an outstanding BLOGGER ask you for many elements. Some of those are:
Ability to write: you're good at language? Congratulation! This is a channel for you to play
Ability of technology: you don't know some basic manipulations on the computer? You need take time to get used to it. You will have difficulty at the first time.
Ability to create/design: you don't want your blog to be same as a lot of blogs outside, make it red while others black. You are partly successful.
Ability in your strength: I mean that you need to identify what is your strength. Then focus on it to write. Write what people want to read but in your strength. Don't be not greedy to cover all fields. I'm sure your posts are not enough quality.
Last but not least, I think we (except people using English as main language) should try to write in English, not our mother-tongue languages (mine is Vietnamese)

When you have a high-quality blog with stable traffic, MONEY will come.
Google Adsense is an effective tool. Let's move to threads of Adsense in this forum to learn more from real cases.

AmieBotella

Yes, people still make money from blogging. Though the internet world is full of bloggers these days, I don't think that none of them gets paid from being one. But I must say, not every blogger earns. Just like in any other field. A blogger before can become a web designer at some point or something. It may just be a stepping stone for some. The point I am making here is, (1)you might have noticed that there are a lot more bloggers than before, surely there must be a reason for the uprise in numbers, and it's probably because they are earning from it. (2) the newcomers might not stick to it and move on to other fields, I mean who knows, but for as long as there is a rise in the population, it is safe to say that becoming a blogger is still profitable even if the market seemed saturated.

via_1226

Yes, I believe there is really money in blogging. For that reason, many are actually into it now a days. If you have the capacity to write and speak in English, a very good subject can catch a lot of attention online. There are many platforms online where you can publish your blogs and reach out to many viewers. I think it only takes a really good subject and a good market to make a blog. Also, I think a blogger has to be very creative in presenting the ideas and has to be very resourceful when it comes to the materials used.